Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neopixel Flash on clash control

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Yes to both JBKuma's Mad Scientist and SA2CC. I have no idea why the localized clash got pushed to implementation. There are a lot of better ideas out there.
    It's there for people like me. I'm a big fan of it, in the movies it wasn't the entire blade that lit up in a clash. Everyone to their own taste I suppose.

The argument against is that when the effect isn't in the same location as the contact it looks worse, not better. In FX-SaberOS we use a random location for the blaster block effect, the same effect could easily be applied to the clash with a more specific area where the effect would occur.

QUOTE=SA22C;276814]The Teensy/Proffie saber board has localized clash functionality.

Here's an example from the style builder:

https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber...+300%2C+800%3E

By default, the localized clash happens in the middle 1/2 of the blade, but randomized within that section. The clash itself can be a single colour or an effect, built by combining styles and colours.

Here's another example that combines white and red in a random flicker effect for clashes, lockups, drags and blasts. In addition, a simple audio-based flicker is added to the main blade colour so the blade flickers in time to the hum.

https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber...800%2CBlack%3E[/QUOTE]

What are these links? It takes me to a builder I know nothing about.
    I've now purchased a saber with teensy and opensource. I'm waiting on some batteries. I'm unfamiliar with how to use the opensource to obtain or share settings to make effects.
    Last edited by Obese Wan Kenobese; 12-14-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Not to sound unsympathetic —- As a reminder, this forum IS attached to a store. Since the store sells sound cards which are not the topic of discussion here - please take the conversation of someone else’s stuff elsewhere.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com