Thread: Pico Crumble V2 Voltage Supported

Default Pico Crumble V2 Voltage Supported

According to the Store the Pico Crumble V2 should be use with a 3.7 V supply but the Manual says I can use 5V, I am working in building a voltage regulator so I can keep the 5V supply constant but I want to make sure I won't fry it as is meant on 3 V technology based on the product page.

Can I trust the manual over the product page?

The board can handle up to 5.5V per the manual. What would you want to use a voltage regulator with a sound board (that one in particular)?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    The board can handle up to 5.5V per the manual. What would you want to use a voltage regulator with a sound board (that one in particular)?
    I just want to use a 5.5V power supply or higher that I have around instead of getting a new one only for this, basically I want to be sure I can calculate everything in a 5V setup instead of recalculating everything for 3.7 V and lose power due to heat conversion.

Ideally, using a 3.7V battery would be better for you. If your converter somehow fails, you would also fry the board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Ideally, using a 3.7V battery would be better for you. If your converter somehow fails, you would also fry the board.
    Thanks, will keep that in mind to see if is easier for me to build a fail save or get the correct power supply.