The final piece has arrived! I've been waiting and waiting on gustavo's V5 insert to finish up the emitter mods, truth be told I was holding off until I received it and decided I wanted to use it before doing the final mod but now that I have it I definitely think it's a big improvement. I got the piece printed in steel and it took longer than expected to arrive from Shapeways.
If you go this route, definitely do this mod BEFORE painting, I have to repaint a bit because the dremel kicked a few times and scratched things up so you can learn from my example.

thumbnail_20181205_112956.jpg

You will need to trim the insert a bit on both sides, I used a cutting disc and just went very slowly to keep the line straight, I saw a few guys on FB hack the hell out of it, so take your time, a little patience goes a long way (says the guy who painted before finishing his dremel work :P).

thumbnail_20181206_084636.jpg

Then it'll be a bunch of sanding, I used the same sanding drums as I did for the side ports since I have a bag full of them, In parts I also used the dremel cutting bit as well, just a little at a time and kept test fitting every little bit. I ended up taking a bit of material off but do it in small bits so you don't over do it

thumbnail_20181206_121027.jpg

And the final test fit, here's roughly the result, I will be able to slide the insert up a tad more, I took a little bit more off the inside to fit it after this pic was snapped.

thumbnail_20181206_121202.jpg

Now I just started the repaint, for the area under the insert, since it will be partially visible I painted the same silver as the port tips, I may give the insert a spray also but I want this coat to dry and see how it looks first. I like the steel look but it's a bit darker than the reference images so it might need a coat of paint. Still undecided.

thumbnail_20181206_122322.jpg

I will need another coat of the silver and then I have to respray some black where the dremel nickd up my paint, so a couple painting sessions in store. I'm really, really hoping it's done and dry by Saturday because I have to travel this coming week, leaving on Sunday morning and I'm sure anyone following is just as excited to see this all come together- I am trying, really, really trying but I also do not want to rush it.

In the meantime, I also came up with another "fix". Originally, I was going to glue the speaker mount in place, then I was going to use the pommel insert to hold it, but I read a few guys had sound distortion from the speaker vibrating against the insert. So while looking it all over I actually found a super simple fix. The bottom most mounting hole for the belt clip goes all the way through the body but the screws only go half way, so I got the short set screw and put it into the hole to hold the speaker mount in place.

thumbnail_20181204_161459.jpg

It now holds the speaker mount in place and can me removed if needed

thumbnail_20181204_161630.jpg

And it's short enough that the screw for the belt clip still fits with no issue.

thumbnail_20181204_161837.jpg