Thread: Archivist's Heirloom

Default Archivist's Heirloom

Hello there! Haven't posted a saber in awhile- thought i would share one i made over the summer. Pardon my dust- as it *is* a little banged up from use.

Was looking around at some other saber smiths and their work- and i always wanted to *attempt* to make a bone hilt. (a la Madcow style) This is about as close as i could get. It's supposed to be a Jedi archivist's weapon- so i initially wanted to do a really complex etching for it- but i didn't have the time to do that this time around- so i opted for a more simplistic approach.

The Specs:
    -Tri cree, royal blue
    -Nano V4
    -12mm vandal momentary
    -In hilt recharge
    -Mixed MHS v1 and v2 parts
    -22mm stealth speaker (not bad for a little guy! still not quite as good as a bass 28 though)
    -Custom chassis
    -Hand-cut claw piece/peg mount
    -Dremel cut shroud with custom acid etching
    -PVC "bone" handle, hand sanded
    -Lightly weathered from my little brother attempting to turn to the dark side with it

And now, the glams:

Thanks for taking a look. Cheers!

Awesome looking saber. Nice work.

Nice work, that’s gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    i always wanted to *attempt* to make a bone hilt. (a la Madcow style) This is about as close as i could get. It's supposed to be a Jedi archivist's weapon- so i initially wanted to do a really complex etching for it- but i didn't have the time to do that this time around- so i opted for a more simplistic approach.
    Always wanted to try bone as well. Did you treat or paint the PVC? Or did you just sand it?

And the "simplistic" shroud is perfect. Great work!!
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Very well done! I really like how you have incorporate design ques from some well known hilts yet still make it your own.

-Denzil

Beautiful work...I like your etching..

Very cool.

Very nice hilt!