Thread: Neopixel config issue?

Default Neopixel config issue?

I managed to wire up a nano biscotte v4 to 2x ws2812b strips. 24 gauge wire on everything except the data line which is 30 gauge and 30 awg for the switch. Using a recharge port and currently hooked up to the 3400mah Panasonic battery offered at the store (waiting for my 10A battery). I have an 806 package SMD 470 ohm resistor mounted on the blade side PCB connector to bridge the pads. I have not installed a 470µF capacitor yet (wire to the +/- of just one strip or both?) but I intend on doing so tomorrow.

The saber totally works. It boots up, lights up, and cycles through the sound banks/colors properly. The problem is it will not scroll through the LEDs on ignition even though I have set lsfadeon and lsfadeoff to 1 and left lightstick at zero. I turned off flkr effects because I didn’t want to overdraw and the blade maintains a very steady blade color on each sound font except when FOC is activated. I have modified the qon and qoff parameters and the blade turns on according to those patterns but it comes on all at once instead of extending. FOC works as I have perscribed (all banks flash yellow). Hoping some of you may have insights and potential suggestions to help figure out where I messed up
    Last edited by LightsaberToothedTiger; 10-28-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Most likely it’s the low discharge of the battery. I would wait until you get the proper battery for a Neopixel setup.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Most likely it’s the low discharge of the battery. I would wait until you get the proper battery for a Neopixel setup.
    Thank you. I will keep you posted once I get a chance to change the battery. Hoping I didn’t damage my strips

I doubt you did any damage.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So still no luck after installing the high drain battery. I’m convinced I’ve wired it all right. I’ll fiddle with the config a bit more. I’ll get it!

What came of this? Did you get it fixed?
    I'm having trouble making sense of the config settings. Mine won't light. I know the blade works, because it works with another saber. Where is your source for knowing what to set on the config?
    http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...te%20v4-GB.pdf ?

Edit: Well, I found my solution.
    "To enable the ledstrip support on the board, the parameter ledstrip must set to a
    non-zero value matching the number of pixels your blade has. This parameter is
    stored in the override.txt file in the root of the SD card.
    ledstrip=140"... Found in override.

"Ledstrip parameters :
    ledstrip [0-150]: Enables the ledstrip support 3 channel drive list defining
    the maximum drive of the high-power LED and therefore the blade color. 0
    leaves the board in high-power LED mode
    ls0 [5-50]: LED strip "zero" timing in multiple of 25.2ns. Sometimes had to
    be adjusted of 1 or 2 units, depending on the strip used.
    ls1 [5-50]: LED strip "one" timing in multiple of 25.2ns. Usually the double
    of ls0.
    lsfadeon [0-1]: enables the progressive fade in effect combined with the
    ledstrip scrolling effect, which is the ScrollFade™ feature.
    lsfadeoff [0-1]: same as above but during blade retraction.
    lightstick [0-1]: when enabled, it removes the scrolling effect and lights"... Found in config files in each bank.

It also took me a while to figure out I need to hold the button long past the beep to switch font banks.
    Last edited by Obese Wan Kenobese; 03-12-2019 at 08:04 PM.