Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what to use to get the best purple blade

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

To me, a sample swatch means just one sample of a single thing, not muliple things.

They call it a Swatch BOOK right on the site.

"This new LEE Filters SWB swatch book features
    all of our more than 250 color and diffusion filters,
    including the popular "700 Series" of designer-
    created colors.

The filters are assembled in chromatic order,
    making it easy to browse colors and
    find just the color you need."

This is what you get. Does it not look like a book?

If you don't have one, or haven't been to the site, then please don't correct me.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

he does have one and so do I. who cares what it is called. geesh

BLUE 3- Ready

Ryma Mara

HAy doclo I just thought of something.

What if you take say a colored mylar or something of the sort type and wrap that up inside say tims or corbins film.

like how mr does to get there purple. blue leds with a pink filter.

Maybe a darked colored film behind an opaq diffuser will give it a color with the atlas.

also where did you get the atlas led?

The more filtering material you install the brightness will decrease, you have to find a good balance between brightness and the color desired.

Seek the web young one and find the atlas you will
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

Ryma Mara

Yes I know the more filtering yadda yadda but with the atlas I dont think it would matter much. like you said it would take alot of filtering to get a color out of it.

I think it would still be bright as hell

Ryma actually hit on what I wanted to add......

why not use either a blue LED variant and a pink or reddish filter to see how purple we can get it...or a red LED and blueish filter.............with the range of colored LEDs and filters there might be a great color\mix combination that produces a rich purple........might need to use a K2 for brightness...but worth a try............???
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

This has been mentioned several times in the past, and you are more than welcome to try it to test the theory, but as i understand it blue light carries no red within it, so filtering it just cancels out the light. Same for red filtered by blue. White light carries all light frequencies and therefore filtering it red, blue, purple whatever only allows those frequencies to pass through. It does therefore dim you white light, but only because it is keeping the other colors from passing through the filter. Again, feel free to try it yourself, but that is what has been mentioned previously
    FSM What's on your belt?

It'd be cool to find a way to give a 'coloured core' effect to the blade.
    Something like green blade, but yellow core, or blue with raspberry core.

Some gamers have done mod files for Kotor 1&2 to get that effect & it really rocks!

It probably couldn't be done easily, but maybe a Tri-lux or similar that's been messed around with could get something like that?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by supertrogdor
    This has been mentioned several times in the past, and you are more than welcome to try it to test the theory, but as i understand it blue light carries no red within it, so filtering it just cancels out the light. Same for red filtered by blue. White light carries all light frequencies and therefore filtering it red, blue, purple whatever only allows those frequencies to pass through. It does therefore dim you white light, but only because it is keeping the other colors from passing through the filter. Again, feel free to try it yourself, but that is what has been mentioned previously

Hmmm. Makes sense. COlor theory was waaaaay to long ago for me......
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Ryma Mara

Which is why I suggested using a filter type tube on a really bright white led.

The filtering I think on an led as bright as an atlas shouldent drop the brightness down as much as it does with 3w or k2.

Maybe someone with a 5w white could try this, or maybe a 5w blue with a light pink filter.

Maybe if we ask nice enought maybe doclo can try a thick filter of somesort and post pics of it on that atlas of his.