Thread: Nano Biscotte v4 Wiring Example

Default Nano Biscotte v4 Wiring Example

Nano_v4 - Wiring Diagram.jpg

Working on my first install. Put this together based on a lot of research and wonderful YouTube tutorials.

The one .5 ohm resistor is split to your to main color LEDs. It will have half its value to each LED. Which will work for blues/greens. This wiring diagram looks fine, other than that.

There is another way, you can bridge all the positives on the LED Star, then just run one positive lead from the star to the board. Then you can put your resistors in the negative leads from the LED star. There are many ways to skin a cat.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    The one .5 ohm resistor is split to your to main color LEDs. It will have half its value to each LED. Which will work for blues/greens. This wiring diagram looks fine, other than that.

There is another way, you can bridge all the positives on the LED Star, then just run one positive lead from the star to the board. Then you can put your resistors in the negative leads from the LED star. There are many ways to skin a cat.

Tom
    Someone on Reddit had this same diagram (probably the same person). I told them the same thing you did. No response there yet. Hopefully they see this feedback before they wire up that resistor configuration.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I am following this video which shows this version of wiring the Blue LEDs to one resistor at the 7:35 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7BdiKfMkro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by noonch View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I am following this video which shows this version of wiring the Blue LEDs to one resistor at the 7:35 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7BdiKfMkro
    Though Rob teaches it that way, most of the rest of us do not do it, or teach it that way.

Its easier to add a cheap resisotr than to replace a considerably more expensive Tri-Cree because it was blown.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Better, but I would still put the resistors on the negative wires rather than the positive ones, like Tom suggested. Effectively, it will work the same either way, but putting them on the negative side just allows you to only run one postive wire to the LED star and then bridge the positive pads with short wires. Putting the resistors on the positive side forces you to cram more inches of wire in your hilt than what you need.

Updated:

Nano_v4 - Wiring Diagram.jpg

Nervous. This is my first build and I appreciate your help.

Yep. That's it. What I've done in the past is bridge all three positive pads on the LED star with very short wires and then just run one wire from one of the pad since I connected all of them. Getting wires that short attached to an LED star is tricky, but it saves some space and some headache regarding tangled wires later on.