Thread: Fett263's Graflex neopixel w/ backup battery and dual ignition switch (Proffieboard)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    The Proffie is really amazing. I don't understand why so many are intimidated about configuring it. I have installed 4 of them, working on my 5th right now...DV6. Awesome job Fernando! Now, drill that tip deeper and get your strips further in the tip! 7/8 are tough.

Tom
    Thanks Tom,
    Yeah I'm just getting started with it, but it hasn't been terribly difficult. I'm taking it slowly and really just using this build as a learning tool, I'm already planning a new Kylo Crossguard 2.0 with the Proffie but wanted to get my feet wet on a simpler build before moving into the next.

Great eye, I'm actually testing out a 3D printed blade tip but hadn't been able to see what it looked like until I got the Proffie to fire up.
    20181109_102811.jpg
    20181109_104845.jpg

Here's a pic with the foam extended into the tip (which is how it was in the video) it did make the tip a little dimmer than the rest of the blade:
    20181109_102501.jpg

And one without, a little brighter but still get a shadow at the seam:
    20181109_102728.jpg

I have a traditional blade tip as well I just haven't gotten around to drilling it out yet, but I might just to get a comparison. More to come...
    Last edited by Fett263; 11-09-2018 at 08:52 AM.