Thread: Nano Biscotte v4 - Red/Red/White Cree XP-E2 - sound but no flash on FOC

Default Nano Biscotte v4 - Red/Red/White Cree XP-E2 - sound but no flash on FOC

(edit to clarify wiring on L1)

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my NBv4 (pre-wired harness) with regard to FoC. I get the sound for FoC, but no flash.

I've got the red LEDs of the Cree XP-E2 wired to L1 and they work fine. I've got the white wired to L2, but it will not flash. I've tried so many combinations of setting fdrive and focmix values but nothing seems to work. I've independently tested that the connections on my LED (and attached resistor) are good through an adjustable, independent power supply. The clash sound plays just fine too.

I've read the manual, watched a number of YouTube videos on installs, and red posts in these forums, but the dots still haven't connected for me. I suspect something is wrong with my configuration files more so than the hardware, but if someone else might have a better way for me to confirm that L2 is doing what it should and/or that I've got a solid connection for the L2 harness, I would appreciate it. I should expect only the resistance of the LED if I hooked up my multimeter to L2 and power, right? I feel as though I must be missing something fundamental.

Thank you for the help!

Attaching my config files for reference

config.txt:

//Nano Biscotte 4.0
    drive=1023,0,0
    fdrive=1023,0,0
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=0,80
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=13
    flkd=50
    pulsed=0
    pulsel=0
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0

override.txt:

## Override File
    vol=4
    beep=40
    rebootd=1250
    motg=500
    muteoff=0
    gate=70
    hclash=700
    hswing=220
    offd=200
    swing=200
    clash=150
    deep=15000
    ledstrip=0
    ls0=14
    ls1=28

Teaser pic:

IMG_7049.jpg

Change fdrive to 1023,1023,0 and leave drive and focmix where they are. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by cvsickle View Post
    Change fdrive to 1023,1023,0 and leave drive and focmix where they are. Make sense?
    Thanks. I will give it a try tonight after work, though I believe I've tried that configuration once before.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The stock settings should have worked, not sure if you changed the configs before testing.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by SithPackAbs View Post
    Thanks. I will give it a try tonight after work, though I believe I've tried that configuration once before.
    Ok make sure that's your setting. The second number in drive and fdrive is there value for L2. If that seeing doesn't work, then you probably have wiring problems.

Thank you for the help/suggestions everyone!

I reset the configuration to the default (as several suggested). Things were still not working so I re-checked all the wiring again. It turned out to be the positive lead coming from the wiring harness. It had sheared off inside the JST clip and thus didn't have a connection.

I have a flashy, happy (angry) saber now! Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by SithPackAbs View Post
    Thank you for the help/suggestions everyone!

I reset the configuration to the default (as several suggested). Things were still not working so I re-checked all the wiring again. It turned out to be the positive lead coming from the wiring harness. It had sheared off inside the JST clip and thus didn't have a connection.

I have a flashy, happy (angry) saber now! Thank you again!

Glad you got it working. Any additional connector, including neopixel connectors is a new "failure point" we all need to check. Most of the time, no matter how bad you have abused your board, in my experience a NBIV is pretty hard to kill. Therefore, when one doesn't work, look at your failure points first. Solder joints, connectors, rc ports, leds. That little nano is a tough little bird.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."