Thread: TRI Cree Deep Red-Green-Royal Blue Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TRI Cree Deep Red-Green-Royal Blue Question

I am looking to find out if anyone has used a TriCree Deep Red-Green-Royal Blue LED? Does it create a good Purple? Does anyone have any photos they are willing to share?

I'm actually working on a purple blade with that exact LED now, still waiting on some additional parts but when it's done, I'll be happy to share what I used and what I end up with!

Quote Originally Posted by hutch009 View Post
    I am looking to find out if anyone has used a TriCree Deep Red-Green-Royal Blue LED? Does it create a good Purple? Does anyone have any photos they are willing to share?
    The purples have been found to be not as good. It will definitely be “dimmer”.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Being deep red, it'll be a little dimmer, but the color is a more true purple. I do most of my RGB setups with deep reds.

I have used that LED, not specifically for purple, but because I like that color combo. I think it makes a sweet deep purple; however, yes.....deep red is dimmer than normal red as far as brightness goes. Royal blue 'seems' less bright than normal blue, but I don't have a proper meter to check that perception.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I have that setup on my saber and the purple is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch009 View Post
    Can you post a pic?
    I wish I could, unfortunately I am moving and already packed my saber in boxes. If you're willing to wait a week or two...