Thread: AWOL - My personal saber

Default AWOL - My personal saber

This is my personal saber as seen in the A to Z build thread

I made every single piece of this saber either by hand or manually on my lathe and mill. The entire saber is 6061 aluminum with a custom machined delrin chassis. This is the first fully functioning saber I've owned in over 10 years. I can already say that this will be V1 of this concept and knowing myself it will be constantly tinkered with and upgraded as I go, but I'm very happy with it as is for the time being.

Specs:

TeensySaberV3 w/ WSO custom 30" Neopixel blade
    TCSS 10A 18650 3.7V battery
    2.1mm Recharge hidden under sliding grip section
    Neopixel faux crystal chamber
    Speaker Essentials 24mm Stealth Speaker
    Custom Fonts: KrossguardSS, TheLightSS, RogueVaderSS all by KSith, StarfallSS, CelestialSS and InfiniumSS by Tyler Saathof for Starfall Sabers

Glams:

I have one video on my FB page right now that briefly shows it off, I'll be making a more in depth vid just for this saber in the next couple of days for YouTube.

Thanks for looking and MTFBWY!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Thanks Greenie

Love your machine work...also the finish....awesome!

Is all I can say.

Nice, awesome looking bro! Yes I want to see a video, I see you got a Teensy in it. I was thinking I’d get a high drain battery next time. My Teensy/Neo drinks that juice fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Nice, awesome looking bro! Yes I want to see a video, I see you got a Teensy in it. I was thinking I’d get a high drain battery next time. My Teensy/Neo drinks that juice fast.
    You definitely need high drain when running neo. I'm already wanting to upgrade mine to a bigger MAH battery

I love this thing. That has already been stated. I'm super glad its installed now. This saber rocks.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I love this thing. That has already been stated. I'm super glad its installed now. This saber rocks.
    Thanks Tom, literally could not have done it without your help. I still have some tinkering to do to get everything just right which is why there is still no full video. I am enjoying the learning though.