Thread: Question about double battery with STDP switch for neopixel (Graflex 2.5 build)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question about double battery with STDP switch for neopixel (Graflex 2.5 build)

Seeing as this will only be my second saber build I wanted to double check my thinking with the group's knowledge. I'm planning to build a Korbanth Graflex 2.5 with neopixels using Goth's Padawan chassis, while rough fitting I realized I can get two 18650 batteries in the hilt. I'm not doing a reveal chamber version so one battery is in the chassis in the bottom half and then I can easily fit a second battery in the "neck" above the chassis.

The chassis has a slot for a switch and recharge port, so my thinking was to put a STDP switch in to toggle between the two batteries (I would only run one battery at a time or charge one battery at a time using the switch to control). Since it won't be easy to change out the battery I figure having two at my disposal would essentially double the run time of the saber before needing to charge. I read up and think this would be possible but wanted to double check everything before going further down this path.

Does this look right (it's only the battery, switch, port wiring portion - the board, etc. wiring is not shown)?

graflex-double-battery-wiring_zpsg18whmvp.jpg

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images