Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 day build challenge

Default 2 day build challenge

A group of like-minded builders and artists, myself included, have joined up and created a facebook group together. Since forming the group we've been sharing tips and tricks and our own individual methods to saber craft and its been fascinating. In that group the other night one of our members decided to share his entire process from beginning to end and he built a beautiful Kota inspired saber in under 2 days, most of which was done in one night!

Taking inspiration from his methods and his speed I decided to challenge myself to do the same. In the following pics you will see what I started with for parts, I used no rulers, calipers or even graph paper to make this, its done completely by eye with designs drawn on by hand. Also the shroud cuts were done with a pneumatic angle grinder as I was out of dremel wheels As soon as I get some batteries in, it will be installed with igniter3 with neopixel setup.

Thanks and MTFBWY!

Glams

wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Hits me in my soft targets, Copper and Kanan. I love it dude, and I can't wait to see it installed.

...and this is proof that i really need to get my hands on a frackin lathe...
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereous View Post
    Hits me in my soft targets, Copper and Kanan. I love it dude, and I can't wait to see it installed.

...and this is proof that i really need to get my hands on a frackin lathe...
    Thanks man

Looks awesome dude, I wish I could join that FB group.

Thanks Seth

You nailed it with those heat treated copper shrouds. I almost regret not having an FB account.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    You nailed it with those heat treated copper shrouds. I almost regret not having an FB account.
    The flame painting is my favorite thing to do, thanks man.

Got this installed and finished up. It'll be on its way to its new owner now. Thanks for looking.

I need a lathe. I need a lathe.

Awesome work!!!!

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I need a lathe. I need a lathe.

Awesome work!!!!
    Yes, you do Thanks bud