Thread: Prism sound card issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Prism sound card issues

This is not my first post but is my first under a new username. I am having a problem with a pair of Prism 5.1 sound cards. Both sound cards are wired identically. This is my first time using a Prism board but I have built more than 15 sabers using Nano B.'s. When I activate the main switch I get nothing. I have tested the following circuits (isolated from the sound card) with positive results; the main blade LED (Tri-Cree RGB), main (with LED ring) and aux momentary switches and batteries (fully charged). I also wired the blade LED resistors on the hot side before they go into the LEDS. I have 3 resistors: 1ohm 3W (red dye), 1.2ohm 3w (green dye) and 1.5ohm 3w (blue dye). put both sound cards under a magnifier; looking for solder bridges and did not see any.
    Specs: (1) 3.7vdc Li-Ion cell, 28 guage wires, Tri-Cree (RGB) LED, 28mm premium speaker in battery housing and a dummy cell. I do have photos of the boards in current state. I have also done some additional testing with a voltmeter. Checked the battery itself and read 4.13vDC; also, from +battery terminal to the hot side of each switch connection on the board and I read 4.12v. only modification to the SD cards was I added an addition font that my client downloaded from Saberfonts. I have not touched the 3 onboard defaults that Plector loads onto the SD card (lightmeat, darkmeat and grey meat).

wiring key:

26guage red wires from battery hot side
    26guage black and grey wires from battery return
    28guage grey sound card returns
    28guage red to LED +
    28guage green to speaker
    28guage orange to hot side of main switch
    28guage yellow to hot side of aux switch
    Attached Images Attached Images