Thread: Nano Biscotte solding tips?

Default Nano Biscotte solding tips?

A noob question on soldering a Nano biscotte. Whats the best way to attach leads to the board? Through the hole?
    I swear, I saw to custom saber vid where it was said to lay the tinned wire across the hole. just a bit confused. thanks in advance for any advice.

Generally, across the hole will provide the best contact for wire leads.

“Across the hole”is the way to go.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I will contradict what the others have said so far, through the hole is much more sturdy, and unless the hole is very tiny (wich only the deep sleep pad is) then it is better/easier across the hole. And that's what I was taught by a very experienced electrician. I would also say it is a bit of personal preference too.

I don't think it really matters with these boards. the wires are not in motion if the board is mounted so the connections should be sturdy either way.
    My biggest problem is seeing the contacts clearly so I use magnification...

It does mattter insofar as the “durability” of the wires in question. Having them bent to go through hole “can” lead to breakage within the wire.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If you watch the TCSS videos with Rob he teaches you all that stuff.