Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiring help

Question Wiring help

Hey guys, sorry for the noob question etc etc

I'm looking to use a pico crumble board with this prebuilt led module, and i have two questions:

1. Will i need a resisitor? My calculations say yes but i want to double check
    2. How will wiring it work? I noticed the prebuilt led module has a male jst connector so i assume i will need a female jst connector, but how does that fit into wiring with the pico, especially RE resistors?

Thanks guys,
    J

Since you will have to solder the board anyway, why not just get the led, module, heat-sink, and lens separately?

Remember: Your focus determines your reality. - Qui Gon Jinn

I have just realised I placed this thread in totally the wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by welshm85 View Post
    Since you will have to solder the board anyway, why not just get the led, module, heat-sink, and lens separately?
    Ease of use basically

But to answer you main original question, yes you will need a resistor for a red led. I'm sure you have utilized a resistor calculator and have come up with the necessary resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by Play3er2 View Post
    Ease of use basically
    I can see that. Especially if you wanted to swap the led color between say, red and blue.

If you are going to swap the led out, I would see if you could get the resistor pre-wired on to the module above the jst connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Play3er2 View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the noob question etc etc

I'm looking to use a pico crumble board with this prebuilt led module, and i have two questions:

1. Will i need a resisitor? My calculations say yes but i want to double check
    2. How will wiring it work? I noticed the prebuilt led module has a male jst connector so i assume i will need a female jst connector, but how does that fit into wiring with the pico, especially RE resistors?

Thanks guys,
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by welshm85 View Post
    I can see that. Especially if you wanted to swap the led color between say, red and blue.
    actually tell you what, i'll get the bits separately. which answers question 2.

so. will i need a resistor? it's a warm colour so i assume yes. What size? My calculations are:
    Red Cree @TCSS – 2.65V 1000mA
    Power Supply – 3.7V
    R =(3.7-2.65)/1
    R=1.05: Next highest resistor value =2Ω
    P=3.7*1
    P=3.7

and then i get lost. so i need a 2ohm resistor at what wattage?
    Last edited by Play3er2; 09-08-2018 at 12:39 PM.

That depends on the led and your battery. What is your battery set up?

(edited for calculations)