Thread: Making a sound font with Audacity (need help)

Default Making a sound font with Audacity (need help)

I just finished my first saber build Korbanth K4 with a Nano v4 and i just started to make my first font and i am getting the sounds converted and the proper setting just fine (or i believe i do) but when the saber is running on the font i made i can hear a click i assume this click is when the sound file i made stops but not exactly sure. Does anyone know why that is happening and how i can stop it?
    Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Clicks at the end of sounds usually come from you modifying the file BEFORE you convert it to correct 16bit 22050format. Drag and drop your files into audacity, make sure it shows 22050 at the bottom left of the screen, that your file is also in 22050 , 16 bit. THEN, start mixing. Once you decide to export your wav, make sure to hit the CLEAR button before you save to remove any metadata.

You, sir, are my hero!!! I'm making a 100% screen accurate ROTJ soundfont. I got the hum to act right, then next up was the poweron (recorded directly from the Endor scene between Vader and Luke.) The poweron was perfect on the PC, and it was perfect transitioning to the hum on the PC. On the saber? CLICK at the end of the poweron, no matter what I did. I read your post and though, "crap... Am I going to have to redo everything I just did so I can convert it?" Nope! I took the same file I was using, converted in VLC, and viola everything is perfect. So to anyone who comes across this post, if you're having a click on the saber but not your computer, just reconvert it in VLC and (based on my experience which was like magic) your problem will be fixed!