Thread: PRIZM 5.1 - led strip and high-power LED?

Default PRIZM 5.1 - led strip AND high-power LED?

So now that I've got the main LED strip blade working with my prizm 5.1, i'm considering what I want to do for the trident/quillon blades. I know it's possible to set them up with smaller LED strips and just add the tridentstrip parameter and adjust the ledstrip parameter as well to add the extra pixels. Looking at wiring though... my hope had been to use the TCSS PCB connectors for all 3 blades, but now I'm not sure... is it possible to wire the 2nd data from one of the quillons in that scenario (the one that has to come back from the end of the blade to then feed into the start of the main blade)? If not then I assume i'd have to wire in some sort of other connector for that 1 quillon blade to be able to pass that data wire back to the main blade.

So while I was thinking about that, I was wondering - can the Prizm support having an led strip for the main blade, but 2 standard luxeon high-power LEDs for the trident quillons? If so, how would that look in the override and config files?

Thanks a bunch, as always!
    Jon
    Last edited by ibskyde; 09-13-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Just checking back on this - anyone happen to know if using a combination of an LED strip and 2 single high-power LEDs for the side blades would be possible with a prizm 5.1?

Thanks again!

I don't think so, but I am not an authority. You can always split the data signal though. Then they would just act the same way as the first X pixels in the main blade.