Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kenner saber sound boards?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

everyone post's diff pics of the one I got, I can't find a pic with how to wire it up anywhere. this is out of an luke rotj, about 7 years ago new.

BLUE 3- Ready

yep, that's the one.

I added a switch, the switch was onboard which isn't very practical.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

how did you go about that? this one used 2 C cell batt.

BLUE 3- Ready

yep, as marsupial said, it's fine however with a 4.5 or 4.8V voltage, but someone said as well it should not be powered to high, something about 6V will kill it.
    It's not so "strange" that it works at higher voltages however since it hasn't any regulator, it has a certain limit for the power supplie.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

I installed it in my King Sol.!

Ok... I still need to pierce the pommel for sound to come out, but we already hear it. muffled, but its there. Makes a huge difference already.

I placed the board over a 2*2*1 set of AA batteries, with the clash sensor in parallel with the batteries. I even have room for the speaker, but I must say 100% of the inside of my hilt is taken! The clash sensor doesn't work all the time and some directions are better then others. I think I don't have ennough room for it. Nevertheless it is fun. I kind of have a deluxe hasbro saber. Its cool.

Now I'll have to finish the alterations to the saber - I'll need a clamp added in order to have extra leds and the FX button - unless I find a better trick. I'll also need to pierce that damn pommel. I guess I'll buy a drill press.
    -Mars

Ryma Mara

I would say mount the clash bit going side to side instead. it will make the sencor work better I would think.

It just won't fit inside my saber that way. For the spring to work, it need to flex a bit, bend ennough to hit the central rod. If I place is sideways, I have no room to let it move as I hit the side of the hilt tube (king sol).

Also, the motion of the blade and sensor should be the same to allow for reception of most blade impacts. If I place it perpendicular to the blade, and I hit the blade in that specific perpendicular direction, the spring won't move and the sensor won't perceive the clash, resulting in no sound.

The current setup works well in some directions and needs a little more force in others. I should try it in battle to see how it goes.
    -Mars

Default additional motion sensor

Let me begin by saying hello everyone I have been thinking, I have the same board and re-ran the wires and I thought what about adding an additional motion sensor, lets say soldered to the board. Would I swing my saber and the other motion sensor register the swing and get the lightsaber swing from the board or would this work? Just trying to get as much realism as possible

That specific board is made with 2 inputs:
    -ON/OFF pushbutton
    -Clash contact

I don't think you could alter it to have a swing sound on command. That's the main backdraw of this board.

If anyone knows a way to hack it into that, I'm all ears.
    -Mars

thanks Mars where are the sounds stored any way? I always wondered that