Thread: First Chassis build

Default First Chassis build

I decided I wanted to upgrade my first saber with a chassis. I must say the TCSS youtube helped me out a lot on this! SO yea heres my first chassis built into my current saber. Hopefully next one Ill have a crystal chamber.. Well thats the goal!

saber chassis 2.jpgsaber chassis.jpg

Doing a crystal chamber next is a great goal. I’d love to see it when your done. I tried using the black disks in the beginning with a crystal chamber and I couldn’t get it to work out. I moved on from them. I still have a large stack or two of them I have no idea what to do with. Keep up the good work and thanks for the nice compliment on my build.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Doing a crystal chamber next is a great goal. I’d love to see it when your done. I tried using the black disks in the beginning with a crystal chamber and I couldn’t get it to work out. I moved on from them. I still have a large stack or two of them I have no idea what to do with. Keep up the good work and thanks for the nice compliment on my build.
    Once I move onto a crystal chamber I plan to build another saber entirely. My gf said its weird only having one saber on the wall and that eventually I should do another lol. I like the look of the black acrylic for this application but for a more advanced build Id probably use clear and build a chassis that can fully come out.

Also my pleasure! its a beautiful saber!

Nice chassis Brutal. Very clean. I likey. I have a similar one I'm working on for Nihilus II, if I can ever get back to it. Almost done with other projects.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

My first reaction was "Whoo! That's a long hilt!". I was originally thinking that you'd removed a piece of the hilt to reveal the chassis. I see now that the chassis slides out. The weathering is nice and I'll bet it feels good in the hand. Like Tom said, the wiring is very clean. I'm OCD about that kind of stuff so my eyes go right to it. Great job!

Very nice chassis! Great job on the weathering too!

Thanks everyone! took me forever to build this, I kept taking a step forward then 2 steps back ontop of the fact I broke a wire from the switch early on lol

I like your chassis..the battery/chip holder is great to work with...
    I used the TCSS discs as well for my current build. With a crystal chamber it ends up adding a bit of length with a charge port section. If you are not using an Aux switch set-up you can put the charge port on your switch mount and save about 1/2”. I also ran the threaded rod from the speaker holder through the crystal chamber to the led holder. I have found plenty of modifiable brass parts at the big box hardware stores and ace hardware. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.