Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VV neopixel not as bright as TCSS build

Ah, then as Stryder said, if the same in different hilt looks different it could be the wiring diameter, it could be the settings in the sound card or if it's a different sound card it could be that too. If one has power wired through the soundcard and the other is directly to the battery for power that could do it.

If it's the different blades look different in the same hilt than it could be the type and/or thickness of diffusion, the type of strips, or just a different batch of LEDs really.

I must say,I'm not overly impressed with VV build quality (especially after 29 weeks). retention screws are used to secure everything, otherwise they are loose in the bore.anyways,the wiring is 28 gauge and they must use the resistor in the blade since I don't see one in the hilt

28ga on the power lines?? Hmm.

The resistor should be as close to the strip as possible, so it should be in the blade, and each strip should have its own resistor. The resistor is not critical, everything would very likely work fine without it or if it was doubled.

Well now that I know how simple VV has done their hilt wiring,I'll tear into the blade tonight

Quote Originally Posted by AMP_Z28 View Post
    I must say,I'm not overly impressed with VV build quality (especially after 29 weeks). retention screws are used to secure everything, otherwise they are loose in the bore.anyways,the wiring is 28 gauge and they must use the resistor in the blade since I don't see one in the hilt
    Are you talking about the neopixel blade itself?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Could you post pics of both together? I'm very curious. Good thing you posted this here and not on facebook... you'd get burned at the stake for saying you aren't impressed with VV for anything lol

Likely the battery in your VV saber is improperly charged or when you messed up your sd card it affected the settings, as we have not found that at all. We have tested our sabers and blades against both the other manufacturers currently selling neo set ups as well as a few from individual installers. They are equal or brighter to every one tested so far. Your MHS saber may not have the same flicker and pulse settings as your REV-N which could lead to a difference, especially to the eye. When we test we use equal batteries, the same settings, and a lumen meter for actual scientific testing.

As for the wire gauge we double up on the wire. There is no issue there at all.

As for the retention screws? OMG really? Retention screws for blades are standard in the industry and to hold optics module is very common and completely accepted. Nothing else is held in with retention screws. We have high quality threads mid body and pommel, the AV switch is also threaded in. I suggest if you think you do things so much better, set up your own company and see how it goes

In addition, order placed to order shipped was right at the 22 weeks that was our quoted ETA at the time. NOT 29 weeks.

It is very interesting that you have had your saber for months but are just now saying it is less bright for some reason. You said nothing when you received the saber so it is really interesting this is just coming up after you are upset because I haven't got you the files that YOU deleted.

Also, if you have a problem with something, it is common courtesy to give the company the opportunity to resolve your issue rather than posting everywhere.

It would be very helpful, since you are the one that deleted your files, if you could be patient and wait for people to get back to you before posting on every conceivable forum and facebook page. We are happy to help get you the files you need, but there was some back and forth to figure out your configuration since you did not provide your order number originally.

I have a grandchild who is terminal and a lot on my plate at the moment. You are on the list.

Some patience would be swell.

*EDIT I see elsewhere that your set up has twin 26500 batteries and you were comparing those to a set up with a single 18650?

So 2 26500s are producing a brighter neopixel result than a single 18650? Who knew that might be possible?

You might keep in mind that most builds can't even fit 2 18650s let alone 2 26500s, but it is very possible that would be brighter than a single 18650. Without knowing which battery exactly you are using as well as which protection PCB I cannot say for sure but it is likely as there is more current available.

Again when you were going to make comparisons to something that is an abnormal set up and make statements about people's products Apples to Apples is what is a realistic comparison otherwise it becomes disingenuous.
    Last edited by Allaerra Secura; 08-29-2018 at 10:35 AM.