Thread: 10/32 retention screw not holding

Default 10/32 retention screw not holding

Hi,
    Very new to all this.....and long story short, I stripped my smaller retention screw so I upsized to a 10/32, and for the life of me I can't get the screw to hold the blade in place. No matter how tight or how loose I screw, the blade just pulls right out.

ps ...it was working for a week or so, now it doesn't.

Any advice?

when you tighten the screw with out the blade can you feel it in the blade holder? What are you using for a blade holder? if there is a lot of slop then you might not be getting enough friction.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    when you tighten the screw with out the blade can you feel it in the blade holder? What are you using for a blade holder? if there is a lot of slop then you might not be getting enough friction.
    Thanks for the reply!

It's a Black Series FX ROTJ Luke saber that was converted by a friend using a modified conversion kit....since one doesn't exist for this saber. (that's my understanding)

Without the blade in, the holder DOES hold its place, yes. I have never thought to reach inside with my finger to feel for the protrusion however. It's in there snuggly now, so I'm apprehensive to take it back out and feel.

Is that how it works? The tip of the screw is actually pressing so hard against the inside holder that it presses through the metal?

Also, I'm hesitant to fiddle with this a lot because I already stripped the smaller size screw that he put in for me; I personally drilled out a larger hole and put the 10/32 in....and I don't want to strip this one too.

The blade does flex a bit so a snug socket will hold it more securely. If you can feel it in the socket it should be enough, if it was made with one of the conversion kits then it should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    The blade does flex a bit so a snug socket will hold it more securely. If you can feel it in the socket it should be enough, if it was made with one of the conversion kits then it should be OK.
    Ok cool.

I know it's a modified kit, because they didn't have one for the more recent ROTJ saber.

Either way.....the blade holder inside slides up and down a few inches or so, when I put the blade in, I was told to make sure I turn it upside down so gravity pulls the inside holder as close to the edge of the emitter as possible. I've also noticed if I DON'T do that, and let the holder sit recessed a bit with the blade in, no matter how much I tighten the screw, the blade will just fall out.