Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rememberance

Default Rememberance

One of the many lessons I learned from my Grandfather was that anything is fixable. In that vein and to help get my creativity flowing again, I took some "failed" parts from various builds and created a pretty damn cool saber.

Respect to Nick Cohen of Starfall Sabers for constantly reminding me to never throw anything away!

All the thanks to all the folks who inspire and educate me on this journey. I'd be nowhere if not for the hard work of others and their subsequent generosity.

Rememberance

Custom machined aluminum hilt and grip sleeve w/ brass shroud and 1/2 aluminum plate finger grip

NBv4 w/ Neopixel and 3 custom fonts

Custom made krayt pearl crystal chamber w/ in line neopixel

In hilt 2.1mm recharge and 10A TCSS 18650 battery

Neopixel blade plug

Defconbird genuine leather wrap

Easy soundboard and SD card access

The saber is 9.5 inches long and 1.25 inches wide at the leather wrap.

MTFBWY!

Video

https://youtu.be/LkkT6NrGmyg
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

A mighty fine looking saber. Excellent job DL. All my builds include scraps and spares.

Thanks, I try to incorporate as much found stuff as possible, the cool part about this one is that all the found parts are still parts I made myself and had set aside for one reason or another.

Just, wow. That saber is just sooooo amazing. You are one HECK of a saber builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Just, wow. That saber is just sooooo amazing. You are one HECK of a saber builder.
    Thanks very much, it's been a long road. 12 years or so lol

Very nice saber. I watched that video the second you posted it. I loved it, i would have never guessed it was from failed parts. I like that you made the body without threads. That method has been on my mind more than once, though I’ve never done it. That’s smaller than I thought. My normal size is 12.5” I try never to go longer. That’s usually my target. That’s probably a good one hander.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 08-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Gorgeous saber Leximus. I'm a sucker for a dragon pearl. I own a bunch of crystals waiting to be made into cc's, and I really like seeing how other people do pearls. Great work!
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Very nice saber. I watched that video the second you posted it. I loved it, i would have never guessed it was from failed parts. I like that you made the body without threads. That method has been on my mind more than once, though I’ve never done it. That’s smaller than I thought. My normal size is 12.5” I try never to go longer. That’s usually my target. That’s probably a good one hander.
    This was meant to be dual wielded when I originally designed the hilt I resurected for this build. So I really feels good in one hand but can be two handed in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereous View Post
    Gorgeous saber Leximus. I'm a sucker for a dragon pearl. I own a bunch of crystals waiting to be made into cc's, and I really like seeing how other people do pearls. Great work!
    Thank you sir.

This is awesome man, fine fine job.
    I especially like the finger grip. I did a studded leather grip once, but I have to try a metal one
    Internals are lovely too!