Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Project. Heiland Flash hilt

Default New Project. Heiland Flash hilt

Next project.

oiR9Yq.jpg
    C3oPKk.jpg
    uukQ6A.jpg

Already disassembled the bulb socket and looks like I'll be able to place a blade holder behind it and retain the socket springs which snug the blade already Think I'll go for a purely Sith design. Going to be digging around for inspiration for a bit I think. Trying to go Sith yet not Vader knock off too much.
    Last edited by Warlock; 08-01-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Hit enter by mistake and posting nada first time lol

Following, I have a couple of the Heiland flashes I want to convert to Vader version ANH and ESB, but I'm stuck on the blade holder.

I purchased a sinktube 1.5" blade holder that I'm going to try to turn down to the needed 1.43" needed to fit and see how that goes.

I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on this.

So far it's really slow. Had a free hour or so and tried resizing the blade holder. Got maybe .05" off it seems

Tried rigged the drill press as a lathe. Only kinna works. Lol.

So on a whim and went and bought a new course metal file this morning. BOOM! that was the issue. Knocked the 1.5 down to about 1.41" and the blade holder slides in with just a hint of rubbing and will slide all the way to the threads. Did have to hit the flash tube with the Dremel sanding flapper wheel a little too, just to clean it up and knock off the edges from the holes in it.

This thing will be very cool! Glad you got the blade holder worked out. I think we both need a lathe. I'm sick of filing and dremelling. If that is even a word.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    This thing will be very cool! Glad you got the blade holder worked out. I think we both need a lathe. I'm sick of filing and dremelling. If that is even a word.
    Me too.

I'm getting 1.43 when I measure mine, I hope that's right. I had TCSS turn the sink tube adapter down for an extra $15. Hopefully my tube is that much larger than yours in the ID.

That's correct. I've ordered some silk wrapping for the grip so waiting on that now.