Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS Hilt feature/option - SWEET!!

Default MHS Hilt feature/option - SWEET!!

Oh WOW! For some reason, I just noticed this post Tim made back in December about the MHS hilt:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">For the custom saber makers... I forgot to mention that the 1.5 22 gauge chrome sink tubes fit nicely over the modular hilt system hilt portion and would be locked in place by the emitter and end cap making for some easy customization possibilities with cut-outs etc..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I will definately be ordering one more hilt section and several sink tubes, as I have always wanted to try this. Now, I just have to choose a design I want to try!! Heck, I could make a bunch of replaceable cut-out hilts, and other ideas!!!!!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

I thought of this awhile ago, forgot to post it, and bringing it up again has reminded me-thank you Jedi Ranger-.

Since they fit so nicely over the modular hilt, and have almost infinite ways of locking in place- You could make several different handles that all locked the same with the same length, and have tons of different handles that fit the same saber. Different cut outs, grip styles and patterns, etc. and as long as they were the same length you could slide off the emitter or end cap and simply slide on a new handle and replace the emitter/end cap for a whole new look!

I am sure many of you had this same idea but I had to share my enthusiasm!

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Hey guys,
    I just bought some MHS from Tim and I plan on doing just that... I have some ideas that Cain and I came up with and I think that it'll look awesome since I have like three different style hilts all with the blue blade! Again, thanks for everything Cain, I appreciate it.[]

No problem[]

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Sometime in the next month (hopefully), I'll be ordering enough parts that I can begin construction of a few grip designs I have in mind. One will NOT be able to replace the grip, as I will have cutouts in the sink tube, and then place grip material inside those cutouts directly on to the MHS hilt. Basically using the sink tube as a cheap way to chrome the MHS hilt.

The other hilt, will feature replaceable 'slip-grips'.[] Hey, can I copyright that phrase? (lol)

Edit in: Wooohoooo..........100th post!

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>

what is the OD of the MHS pieces? i tried a 1.5 stink tube and no luck. is there anything that can be used to add a shroud and/or grip?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

you tried to slide a 1.5 sink tube over the hilt portion and it would not fit? check and see if you got the thicker 20 gauge instead of the 22 gauge tube, that is probably why.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

thanks, tim. what about the emitter and end-cap?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

they are larger so they can be used to hold the tube in place

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedi Ranger

Sometime in the next month (hopefully), I'll be ordering enough parts that I can begin construction of a few grip designs I have in mind. One will NOT be able to replace the grip, as I will have cutouts in the sink tube, and then place grip material inside those cutouts directly on to the MHS hilt. Basically using the sink tube as a cheap way to chrome the MHS hilt.

The other hilt, will feature replaceable 'slip-grips'.[] Hey, can I copyright that phrase? (lol)

Edit in: Wooohoooo..........100th post!

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/</center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

one thought would be to glue the grip material to the inside of the sink tube here. if it was thin enough the MHS would still slide in and out and give you the swappable feature you mentioned.

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.