Thread: newbee from Australia

Default newbee from Australia

Hi guys, Nick From Melbourne Australia new to the saber seen but an old prop builder and surfboard maker. Build over 25 fullsize daleks from Drwho and some vader helmets, fullsize B9 robot.
    I'm getting all the parts for a graflex ANH saber. Using a 89 sabers unit and planing on a neo pixel blade with prizm 5.1 sound card.

cheers,
    Nick.

Welcome to the forums!

I would caution you about watching your wallet with this hobby, but I'm sure you're aware of the dangers with all the other props you've built.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Welcome Nick. Prism driving neopixels in a 89 Graflex will be a cool platform for sure. Post progress pics!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Hey Nick. Welcome.

Greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I would caution you about watching your wallet with this hobby, but I'm sure you're aware of the dangers with all the other props you've built.
    Hahaha yes I can see this costing $$$$, I'm sure my wife will ask "for that price does it work like the one in movies?" (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Welcome Nick. Prism driving neopixels in a 89 Graflex will be a cool platform for sure. Post progress pics!

Tom
    Sure will, I'm sure have many questions once I have all the parts collected.

Welcome to The Custom Saber Shop Forums, nikstiks. Ill be waitin to se that build of yours!