Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Issue with Nano V4

Yea that would be awesome. Thank you very much. Just put a dot where I am supposed to test continuity, I tried to keep the solder on the main pad but still.

Thank you for all the help everyone, if you can drum up a picture thatd be great and i'll test it asap.

Sorry this is so big, but give this a whirl.

I'd also check continuity between positive and negative on each LED to make sure there is no continuity there either.
    Hope this helps.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 08-01-2018 at 12:14 PM.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thank you very much, I will test it tonight or tomorrow and see. I feel like this might be the key.

Appreciate the help sir

Also, those little pads in blue test them against each other and each + and - correct, so hold one lead to the small circle, then test it against every +, -, and other small pad?

Thank you

the pads circled in blue will have continuity between them. You DO NOT want continuity between them and your negative pads on your LEDs. I'll test a clean one tonight and fill you in on the details. I'm going from memory. Then you want to test continuity between all your negative pads, there should be NO continuity between negative pads. Then positives and negatives, again there should be NO continuity there either.

Tom

Ok so I am testing it now.

1. I DO NOT have continuity between the little pads (the meter stayed at 1)
    2. I DO HAVE continuity between the little pad, and the + and - closest to the little pads. This is true for both pads. (meter read almost 0).

Is this the issue then? Tho I do not see stray solder connecting to the small pads.

Thank you

I'll check a clean one. So, you have continuity between the blue circled pads and the positive and negative pads of adjacent LED? That isn't good. I'll check on clean one in a sec.

Yea and I just tried 2 clean never used ones and same thing, the continuity meter beeped. Let me know what you find.

I thought it should have continuity there as solder that dot connects the die in series. Unless this is just a bad batch.
    Last edited by thrgk; 08-01-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Those small pads are divided in half, and you should have continuity at my red lines here. Again, no continuity between positives and negatives.

Did you test each individual diode independently with a power source (and resistor)?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I'll check a clean one. So, you have continuity between the blue circled pads and the positive and negative pads of adjacent LED? That isn't good. I'll check on clean one in a sec.
    Ok so yea I had continuity there but not between any main pads. I'll test with a battery tomorrow but when I did it before they are lighted correctly. Mean none were blown or didn't light when testing with a 3.7v residtored.

Any other ideas if the led is ok?