Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greenie wins a contest. Saber v

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Awesome work my friend. I thought I had a chance to win until I saw a saber slide into the contest at the last second. It was very well deserved, great job. I loved it! I always look at your builds and think what can I learn. I feel honored to come in second to that beauty.
    Dude, you nearly did. My entry was hiding in FJK's junk mail. Imagine my dismay when I looked to find mine missing from the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Somehow I guessed that was yours Awesome design as always. I'd kill to be able to make saber cores like that
    Cheers Warlock. You have to start by maiming, then build up to killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    It was one heckofa build for sure! Very, very awesome saber! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Tom
    Thank you Sir, you are awesome. And that's the first Windu I've seen built with MHS. Sweeeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Yeah you do! Great job Greenie!
    Thanks DL. Everybody needs a lathe. I'd be lost without mine now!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Ha! I thought this was a Greenie saber! I was wondering when you were going to make another saber. And WOW, this is one indescribabley (probably not a real word, lol) awesome saber. !!You take sabers to a whole different level Greenie. With all the detail in there, how is this possible!!!And I thought I was getting a good idea for a crystal chamber.
    Hey young Skywalker. Yeah, it's a real word . I think saber internals are completely open to interpretation by the maker. I'm guessing you do have a good idea for a CC. I look forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereous View Post
    Hail to the King! Greenie, that saber is proof of the versatility of the MHS. Grats dude!!
    Not worthy but thank you sir. Amen to that. The MHS is the greatest!

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    That is beautifully weathered and great attention to detail...Congratulations!
    Thanks Onli-Won. My first attempt at weathering. Aluminum Black on the hilt and naked flame on the chassis, for that heat damaged look.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    Congratulations! The additional pic do it more justice. Nice work.
    Cheers hapki. . I may add a short vid, if get the chance.

Greenie! I don’t know what to say except I aspire to build like you do. You certainly are a master of detail. Absolutely love the “plumbing” on this saber. Intricate and yet clean and well thought out. Amazing!

Thank you k6gad, I appreciate the kind words.

Hey @Greenie ! Congratulations on your victory!

Can you tell us more about the oval-vented brass piece (https://i.imgur.com/5XLpM8qh.jpg) at the pommel end of the chassis?

Is that a found piece, 3D printed, or hand filed wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridire Fíréan View Post
    Hey @Greenie ! Congratulations on your victory!

Can you tell us more about the oval-vented brass piece (https://i.imgur.com/5XLpM8qh.jpg) at the pommel end of the chassis?

Is that a found piece, 3D printed, or hand filed wonder?
    Thanks @Ridire Fíréan
    I can tell you that brass piece is a 'sleeve' with an oval window. The separate vent piece behind it, is an idea that I fabricated myself following a fair amount of trial and error.

Added video in OP, for your viewing pleasure. Thanks for watching

Phenomenal dude. Phe-nom-e-nal ! I could make sabers everyday for the rest of my life and still not come close to this level of imagination and craftsmanship. I doff my cap to you sir - très très well done.

Quote Originally Posted by S.J.Horan View Post
    Phenomenal dude. Phe-nom-e-nal ! I could make sabers everyday for the rest of my life and still not come close to this level of imagination and craftsmanship. I doff my cap to you sir - très très well done.
    Thanks man. Most kind of you.

I really wish you would put together a build log. A nice you tube video or collection of pictures that reveals to us how you take your vision and apply it to metal. That would be an interesting trip to watch.

Wow. That's all I got. Wow. The photos included in the contest did it no justice.