Thread: MP3 to WAV using Audacity

Default MP3 to WAV using Audacity

Hello,

I have been trying to make a custom boot sound/font by converting MP3 to WAV using Audacity. I use the correct parameters - sample rate 16 GB, rate 22050 htz however when played (with the audacity player) it is very slow and sounds nothing like the original sound/mp3. I am under the assumption that if I leave it as is, the boot sound will still sound very slow when loaded into the circuit board. Is there any way to avoid this or will the current settings with a very slow playback on audacity correspond to a normal sounding boot up sound once the SD is loaded on the circuit board? I read the sticky, there is no mention of this (slow sounding playback on audacity) so I want to be sure that nothing else is needed or if I am doing something wrong before loading the SD card and soldering. Any input is much appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lmastrine View Post
    Hello,

I have been trying to make a custom boot sound/font by converting MP3 to WAV using Audacity. I use the correct parameters - sample rate 16 GB, rate 22050 htz however when played (with the audacity player) it is very slow and sounds nothing like the original sound/mp3. I am under the assumption that if I leave it as is, the boot sound will still sound very slow when loaded into the circuit board. Is there any way to avoid this or will the current settings with a very slow playback on audacity correspond to a normal sounding boot up sound once the SD is loaded on the circuit board? I read the sticky, there is no mention of this (slow sounding playback on audacity) so I want to be sure that nothing else is needed or if I am doing something wrong before loading the SD card and soldering. Any input is much appreciated, thanks.
    After you change the rate to 22050, you need to adjust speed to 2. That’ll bring it back up to normal sounding. You can also adjust volume in the EFFECT option, then BASS AND TREBLE. The change speed option is also under the EFFECT option

Quote Originally Posted by Hdjoe View Post
    After you change the rate to 22050, you need to adjust speed to 2. That’ll bring it back up to normal sounding. You can also adjust volume in the EFFECT option, then BASS AND TREBLE. The change speed option is also under the EFFECT option
    Ahh I see. Thank you !

Update: the simple step worked, much appreciated!!
    Last edited by lmastrine; 08-06-2018 at 06:48 AM.