Thread: Rey Black Series Speaker to NBV4 Wiring

mryacob101

Default Rey Black Series Speaker to NBV4 Wiring

Hi there
    About a year ago I purchased the Rey Black Series Lightsaber, in hopes of creating a vaguely decent replica. I followed Shameem's guide to disassemble the hilt, and remove the blade. I then purchased the Luke ANH conversion kit, and a 9W RGB LED. I want to add a Nano Biscotte V4 into the hilt, but I'm not too confident on taking apart the battery holder, to remove or change the battery or speaker arrangement. My question is, the speaker is wired so that only one brown wire pokes out the end, would I be able to simply split that wire into 2 seperate wires, and then solder those to the NBV4 speaker pads, or should I completely replace the chassis and rewire a different speaker and possibly battery tray if I really mess it up?!

Thanks in advance!

If you're going to add nano biscotte, why not just get rid of all the internals, including the stock speaker? Replace with MHS V6 chassis and bass speaker. You'll have a better battery solution too with 18650.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Let me clarify with this: replacing the stock board with NBIV, and then keeping the stock speaker and battery solution is like buying a Lamborghini with a Ford Fiesta motor in it. Particularly when the costs of upgrading to the Lamborghini V12 is only 30 bucks or so. Make that saber shake the walls! Replace all the guts.

PS, you need the PEX board to run that RGB star in addition to the NBIV.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

mryacob101

Ok brilliant, thank you. Just to clarify, is the PEX board the power extender for the NBV4 or something else? Sorry, quite new to this hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by mryacob101 View Post
    Ok brilliant, thank you. Just to clarify, is the PEX board the power extender for the NBV4 or something else? Sorry, quite new to this hobby!
    Yes, the PEX is the same as the power extender, it's just a short cut so you don't have write power extender every time you wanna write it.