Thread: Prizm and rice

Default Prizm and rice

Working on a new saber... ive used prizm boards before but never with a rice feature.. id like to with this new one. Can ig be done with bluetooth an if so, does it work on both android and apple?

Shtok has a tutorial on FX of how to do it with HC06, and Shtok has tutorial on TRA how to do it with HM13 which is smaller and works with iPhone.
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 07-21-2018 at 04:34 AM.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post

Shtok has a tutorial on FX of how to do it with HC06, and Shtok has tutorial on TRA how to do it with HM13 which is smaller and works with iPhone.
    thanks Tom. I think I'll go the standard route and use a rice port and cable...

Did this ever get done Asaaj? I thought of using rice for my curved build but not sure yet.... not a lot of space on it for ports

Micro USB works for rice, and its really small. Micro JST works too. Any small connector set with at least 3 wires!

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Micro USB sounds very appealing. I feel like you could fit that just about anywhere. When I go with a Prizm on my next build, I think I'll highly consider taking that route. Think a little Google-fu will do the trick to find some guidance on making this happen?

Bluetooth is pretty cool. Did one with an HM-13. Main thing is setting up the BT module before hand, as detailed in ShtokyD's tutorials (see above posts for links). Other concern is trying to keep the antenna away from ground wires so that it doesn't have interference. If you get it working though, you won't regret it.

Just keep in mind the RICE is not a USB connection, it is a serial connection. You can use the USB connector, but you cannot just connect a regular USB cable to it. You will need to take make an adapter that uses the USB to Serial cable (aka RICE cable).