Thread: ESD Safe Workstation

Default ESD Safe Workstation

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a while and I've got a couple sabers I'm working on (modifying some and also fixing another). I've read and searched through several posts and I can't find much info on setting up a workstation. What do you all do to make your workstation ESD safe? Just an esd soldering iron? More?

I'm only an amateur builder (w/ just 2 complete sabers under my belt) but so far yeah, a cheap adjustable ESD safe iron is all I use for soldering.
    (Aoyue 469, about $30 at the "everything A to Z" online store.)
    I also picked up a fairly inexpensive mini hot air gun there as well, for heat shrink tubing.
    Last edited by TwinMill; 07-18-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Esd sage iron, esd safe tweezers, etc should be all you need unless you are rubbing your socked feet on the carpet before you work. You could get a grounding bracelet if you池e really worried.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I just use an ESD safe soldering station, that is all.

Thanks! That seems to be what I'm getting from other sources, too. Appreciate the input from everyone. I haven't done much yet, a couple repairs and mods. Maybe I'll get to do a complete build soon!

I use a weller iron... one that was recommended by shameems tutorial video..... is that one ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Asaaj View Post
    I use a weller iron... one that was recommended by shameems tutorial video..... is that one ok?
    Mine is also weller. As long you can control the heat, and it states ESD safe, then its fine. Hope this helps.