Thread: ESD Safe Workstation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ESD Safe Workstation

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a while and I've got a couple sabers I'm working on (modifying some and also fixing another). I've read and searched through several posts and I can't find much info on setting up a workstation. What do you all do to make your workstation ESD safe? Just an esd soldering iron? More?

I'm only an amateur builder (w/ just 2 complete sabers under my belt) but so far yeah, a cheap adjustable ESD safe iron is all I use for soldering.
    (Aoyue 469, about $30 at the "everything A to Z" online store.)
    I also picked up a fairly inexpensive mini hot air gun there as well, for heat shrink tubing.
    Last edited by TwinMill; 07-18-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Esd sage iron, esd safe tweezers, etc should be all you need unless you are rubbing your socked feet on the carpet before you work. You could get a grounding bracelet if you池e really worried.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I just use an ESD safe soldering station, that is all.

Thanks! That seems to be what I'm getting from other sources, too. Appreciate the input from everyone. I haven't done much yet, a couple repairs and mods. Maybe I'll get to do a complete build soon!

I use a weller iron... one that was recommended by shameems tutorial video..... is that one ok?