Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke MR sound

Default Luke MR sound

My soundboard is acting weird. When you turn it on, it plays the power up sound over, and over, and over..... and then just stops working. Anyone have any ideas? Has this happened to anyone before, and can it be fixed?
    Thanks.

-Luke

Those who have earned the right to boast have no need to.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

my mace did that when I had the k2 led and relay in there, changed it to a 3 watt and was fine. (took out relay also) did you try changing the batteries?

BLUE 3- Ready

Yup. It doesn't matter whether I have the normal 6v 4 AA battery pack or the rechargeable pack in. I also don't have any LED running off it currently.

hmm. other than maybe a bad batt connection. is everything stock or is things hardwired in?

BLUE 3- Ready

everthing's stock... except switch and battery pack... are you saying if it's below proper voltage, it might do this?

that is what I heard, when i converted my mace I got it used and the pins were kind of messed up and would do that unless I put an o-ring inbetween the cap and batt pack and didn't do it again.

BLUE 3- Ready

Well, I've been playing around with this some more. The battery pack I was powering it with was this one: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...tery-pack.aspx
    When I tried it with 4 AA batteries instead, it didn't do it nearly so much, but it did keep on interrupting swing and clash sounds. I checked the voltage and it was at 5.95v. (at the moment, I don't have the access to completly fresh batteries)
    Now, what I would really like for this saber is to have the internal rechargeable batteries, so I was wondering if either of these two solutions would work.
    First off, the LED is a red 3w. I would be running the LED off of the MR board, which is one of the one's tim used to sell. SO...
    if I just upped the voltage by getting another NiMh AA battery and putting it in line for a total of 6.3v, would that work, and do you think it would stop the activation sound from interrupting?

OR

Should I just get the 7.2v pack and power it from that? And if I did, I expect I would have to use a risistor to keep from frying anything... What do you think?

i don't think the mr board can take that much, can it?

BLUE 3- Ready

I expect I would have to use a risistor to keep from frying anything...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

6V is pushing it for a MR. anything above and it will probably let out the magic smoke

resistoring it would work fine luke
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!