View Poll Results: 2018 TCSS SABER CONTEST - VOTE FOR THE WINNER!

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • REGEL

16 28.57%
  • EVAN' MHS WINDU

1 1.79%
  • RELIANT

2 3.57%
  • EVICERUS

0 0%
  • FORGOTTEN HERO

8 14.29%
  • THE PANTER

10 17.86%
  • RESONAT VICTORIA

0 0%
  • LUKE VARIANT

1 1.79%
  • HAI YA

0 0%
  • UNNAMED SABER

18 32.14%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 tcss contest - poll

Default 2018 tcss contest - poll

Due to the lack of custom entrants, and the relatively low number of entries, the decision has been made to simply combine all the entires together into one group. The voting will last for 2 weeks. So, without further ado...

HERE ARE THE 10 ENTRIES FOR THE 2018 CONTEST.

Saber Name: Regel
    Specs:
    Prizm 5.1
    Led: Tri-Cree RGB
    28mm Base Speaker
    Brass Tactile Swithces
    Custom Switch Box
    Custom D- Ring
    Leather Wrap

Saber Name: Evan's MHS Windu

Specs:
    Nano Biscotte IV with PEX

LED: Cree XPE-2 (Deep Red, Green, Royal Blue)

2W Bass Speaker

Illuminated (white ring) 12 mm momentary switch wired to DS
    MHS V6 Chassis w/ user replaceable 18650
    In-hilt recharge port
    Custom MHS Shroud Accent attached to kill key for display
    10 Grip Style 2s in TCSS custom milled hilt
    Custom painted sections
    Real leather accents (blade holder, hilt, and pommel)
    Covertec Clip.

Saber Name: Reliant
    Specs: NBv3
    GGW Tri-Cree
    28mm VECO Bass
    18650 w/Recharge Port
    Tactile Clamp Switch

Saber name: Evicerus
    Specs:
    Prizm 5.1
    LED Engin RGBW (wired RGB)
    RGB LED Crystal Chamber w/Quartz Crystal
    28mm Saber Essentials Speaker
    Illuminated Momentary Tactile Switch (red halo)
    Non Illuminated Tactile Switch (w/stainless steel cap)
    PVC Internal Reveal Chassis w/kill switch
    Black Cracked Ice Textured Powder Coating w/metal flake

Saber name: Forgotten Hero
    Specs:
    Nano Biscotte v4
    Tri-Cree RGW
    2W Bass speaker
    Momentary switch (yellow dot)​

Saber name: The Panther
    Specs:
    Prizm 5.1
    Led dr/g/rb
    Saber essentials 28mm stealth
    Tactile switch 17 (2)

Saber name: Resonat Victoria

Specs:

• Custom machined engraving (masterfully done by Tim) quoting Kreia/Darth Traya: "It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close their's forever" in Sith Script.
    • Blade Holder (25) was customized by me to allow the light leak from the top of the emitter's grooves.
    • Custom Black-blue Powder Coat (done by me) contrasts with bare polished aluminum showing some slight wear.
    • Custom-made blade plug created from specifically for this saber by me.
    • Tri-Cree LED (R/rB/W) -R and rB wired in parallel, White for FoC. White and royalBlue die are both running at full [safe] power, Red is resistor-ed down with 34ohms) giving the blade an indigo color with a very pale lavender/silver flash.
    • Nano Biscotte V2 + Power Extender 2.0 for FoC functionality. Primary sound font is Madcow's "Rogue". The secondary font is "Tranquility".
    • Quick connectors on most components for ease of changing LED color mix, eventual replacement of any components that wear out if needed, or even swapping the entire chassis out quickly if desired for a future upgrade.
    • 2.1mm Recharge Jack (mounted internally, not accessible from the outside of the hilt)
    • Li-Ion 18650 3.7V, 3400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery
    • Momentary Guarded switch w/ red button
    • 2W 28mm Bass Speaker
    • Chasis system is a made of slightly modified TCSS chasis parts.

Saber Name: Luke Variant
    Specs:
    (First Saber I've Built)
    Bladebuilders Soundboard
    Green 5mm LED for emitter
    2W 28 mm bass speaker
    3 AAA Battery Powered
    6x6 mm momentary switch

Saber Name: Hai'-Ya - A Graflex Variant
    Specifications:
    - MHS V1 build

- Nano Biscotte V4
    - Adafruit Neopixel strips x2 (144 LED/metre) with requisite Neopixel blade/hilt adaptors

- 1" thick-walled clear polycarbonate blade with foam tube and LED blade diffuser

- 2W 28mm Bass speaker
    - MHS speaker mount V6 (18650 battery)

Saber name: Unnamed

Specs:
    Pico crumble v1
    Tri Cree RGB
    20mm bass speaker
    Li-Ion 3.7v 18650
    2.1mm recharge port

Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-10-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Due to the addition of the 10th contestant, the poll results were reset, so you will have to re-vote

Carry on.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Congratulations to all who finished their lightsabers on time to enter the contest! It's a good looking group, I wish I could have joined y'all in the fun.

I kinda got a bit ambitious and haven't gotten to making the insides of mine yet. Designing and blueprinting is coming along quite nicely though.

And I'm still working on it, so please have another contest next year! Hopefully it'll be done by then!

Good Luck to everyone!

You guys are really making this hard for me to vote. Good luck to y'all, and all of you have done a really nice job on your sabers. And another contest next year would be fun, then I could join you guys.

So how does the contest work now without the different categories as far as prizes?

Based on things that have been decided in the past...

So, now that I have had time to go through everything, and more importantly download everything, due to the entries I got, there will be some small modifications to how this will work. Since there was not enough participation in a certain category, the categories have been "merged". The prize structure was also "modified". Instead of just First and Second place, there will now be a First Place Prize (still $200 gift certificate), a Second Place Prize ($100 gift certificate), and a Third Place Prize ($50. gift certificate). Given the situation, Tim and I think that this is "fair".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Based on things that have been decided in the past...
    Sounds good. Thanks Jody

Well, the pure MHS have a hard row to hoe against the customs. The customs are freaking incredible! Great job guys! Wayne Gretzky said, "You can't score if you don't shoot." I've been shooting the whole game, and there is one heckofa goalie in net. I should have followed my own lottery advice! Its fun to see all the cool sabers, and I definitely recognize the styling in one of them, its always unique, but this time even better than last. Great job all! Everyone is a winner when you have an expensive flashlight illuminating a tube, and sounding as you strike down your true enemy!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Well, the pure MHS have a hard row to hoe against the customs. The customs are freaking incredible! Great job guys! Wayne Gretzky said, "You can't score if you don't shoot." I've been shooting the whole game, and there is one heckofa goalie in net. I should have followed my own lottery advice! Its fun to see all the cool sabers, and I definitely recognize the styling in one of them, its always unique, but this time even better than last. Great job all! Everyone is a winner when you have an expensive flashlight illuminating a tube, and sounding as you strike down your true enemy!

Tom
    Not necessarily. A couple of the MHS builds are pretty good.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post

Tom
    I can guess two of the sabers owners, maybe three. Some of the mhs are pretty dang nice imho.