Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first build!

Default My first build!

Hello TCSS Forum!

Looks like its time for me to make my first build!

This is my part list: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...0-6f4b653936d7

What are your opinions on my choice of parts etc?

I am somewhat annoyed that the heatsink V3 is out of stock because the V4 is so much smaller. Does anyone have experience and a comparison between the two?

Thanks for your feedback in advance

:Oleenick

That heatsink threads into the MHS LED Module, its fine. You didn't get a blade tip to go with your blade. You also need a MPS Pommel Insert and C Clip. You have wires already? How are you going to solder a harness on LED? I see you are using a power extender, so I assume this is RGB? If so, you need resistor for at least the red diode, but all 3 would be better off with them. Did you order hole drilling service in your hilt for 16mm switch? If you don't have a drill and tapset, you may want to order a 8-32 retention screw hole to be drilled in your blade holder to hold your blade in. You can pick up lots of little 8-32 retention screws at hardware stores or at TCSS.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Im not sure, but how well does the white blade tip light up?

I think its a better match for his transwhite blade. I missed the rest of the list, didn't scroll down.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    That heatsink threads into the MHS LED Module, its fine. You didn't get a blade tip to go with your blade. You also need a MPS Pommel Insert and C Clip. You have wires already? How are you going to solder a harness on LED? I see you are using a power extender, so I assume this is RGB? If so, you need resistor for at least the red diode, but all 3 would be better off with them. Did you order hole drilling service in your hilt for 16mm switch? If you don't have a drill and tapset, you may want to order a 8-32 retention screw hole to be drilled in your blade holder to hold your blade in. You can pick up lots of little 8-32 retention screws at hardware stores or at TCSS.

Tom
    Thanks! I've added what you've suggested to the wishlist.

I do have my own stockpile of wires to use. The LED is RGB

What do you mean by harness the LED? I could be wrong but what I have seen is that the LED and lens goes into the heatsink holder with the wires running through the heatsink holes.

I plan to get a resistor(s) from my local electronics store once I get the LED and find the forward voltage myself. Unless someone knows the Vf for the Tri-Cree colours and can recommend a resistor for each?

Is it possible to have 2 or 3 holes drilled into the blade holder for extra stability?

Yes I did add $7 for a recessed 16mm AV switch.

Thanks sooo much for your help it's amazing!
    Last edited by Oleenick; 07-06-2018 at 11:20 PM. Reason: quote

For blue and green Leds, 0.47 ohm resistor that tcss sells. Are you going to use red or deep red? Deep red is much nicer (sithier) in my opinion.
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 07-06-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    For blue and green Leds, 0.47 ohm resistor that tcss sells. Are you going to use red or deep red? Deep red is much nicer (sithier) in my opinion.
    Do you know what Ohm resistor I would need for the red LED?

Red or deep red wich are you using?

Red or deep red wich are you using?
    I was originally thinking red but deep red seems better I think.

Bump, Yeah I'll go for the deep red. Do you know what resistor is best for that?

Thanks!