Thread: Differences in blades.

Question Differences in blades.

Hello TCSS Forums!

I'm doing a 3D printed hilt lightsaber and have a few questions relating to that.

I am currently trying to decide on a blade, this is my current wishlist: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...0-6f4b653936d7

I have a few questions about the blades in the TCSS store:

• What is the most popular blade size and transparency?
    • Are there any major differences between the illumination in the 1" blade compared to the 7/8" blade?
    • What do the frosted (trans white) blades look like compared to the clear ones?
    • What kind of internal wrapping should I use, cellophane or purchasing a blade diffuser?
    • What kind of blade holder/heatsink should I get to be used with a 3D printed body?
    • What length of blade should remain within the hilt body for best stability and safety?
    • What blade holder should I get with a heatsink for the tri-cree? The MHS Heat Sink V3 is out of stock and I don't really like the lacking heatsink in the V4.

If anyone can answer some of my questions that would be much appreciated.

:Oleenick
    Last edited by Oleenick; 06-29-2018 at 03:10 AM. Reason: more questions

Depending on the color, I like clear blades or transwhite. I like cellophane the way some other guys d their blade film.

For a 3D print, I'd get a 1" heatsink and leave room for it.

2" or more blade depth is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetadraw View Post
    Depending on the color, I like clear blades or transwhite. I like cellophane the way some other guys d their blade film.

For a 3D print, I'd get a 1" heatsink and leave room for it.

2" or more blade depth is recommended.
    Thanks for the reply!

I think I'll get a 1" blade with a trans white finish, and then maybe use some cellophane if I think its not good enough.

I'd love to get a 1" heat sink but the Heat Sink V3 is out of stock currently :/

2" sound about right.

Thanks for you help, any other information from others is welcome