Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first MHS build with custom crystal chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Danakar Endeel View Post
    Fair enough, I took 2 more pictures with the lightsaber active and blade plug installed

Attachment 16761Attachment 16760

That's what I'm talking about! Awesome.

Nicely done. I really like the grey-ish color treatment on the outside contrasting with the other parts. looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! Awesome.
    Glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Nicely done. I really like the grey-ish color treatment on the outside contrasting with the other parts. looks great!
    Yeah, at first I didn't know what 'black chrome' was supposed to look like but then I saw some pictures of a lightsaber with that powdercoating and instantly fell in love with it! Especially because you can still see the aluminium but it's just darker. Under certain like it even shows up with a purplish tint.

UPDATE: I received some rotary kill keys from Shapeways today and after drilling out my original TCSS brass kill key and cutting the new one to length my saber can now be ignited without having to remove the kill key!

Danakar-rotary1.jpgDanakarRotary2.jpg

Bigger pictures here (because these forums sometimes make the uploaded pictures look tiny)

https://i.imgur.com/aQtTC4H.png
    https://i.imgur.com/h7P1lrr.png

I know this thread is a little old but I'm just curious to how long that saber is on the original post?..I'm looking to build something similar but can't seem to get it under 12 or 13 inches which seems kinda long for me. Just curious. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_a_Sith View Post
    I know this thread is a little old but I'm just curious to how long that saber is on the original post?..I'm looking to build something similar but can't seem to get it under 12 or 13 inches which seems kinda long for me. Just curious. Thanks
    My opinion,

I think 12 inches is perfect. Anything shorter and it just doesn’t seem realistic to me. I envision some of these guys big men, they were warriors. I just don’t see them swinging a 10” by 3/4” OD saber. Maybe it’s just me but 12” is what I shoot for.

Yeah I agree. 12 inches is perfect. but 13 and up doesn't seem realistic to me unless your getting into staff sabers.

13” is usually the outside “reasonable length”.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Did you paint it black chrome yourself? Or ? I was just thinking of doing something in black chrome and came here for some inspiration.....