Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber

Love that brass spike for a pommel! Nice work, it is addictive!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Not sure we can answer that for you, if it works for you then it’s fine
    For me, it would be a bit long. I really like your saber though, well done.

-Darkmatter73
    Ya , seeing it in my hand and the weight of it feels great so ill keep it as is .
    " When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.”

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Nice progress! About the lenght, it is never too long so long as that is what you want and think looks good. I myself prefer more standard 11” hilts for myself. Suggestions: Don’t grip the spikes too hard. Add a crystal chamber in the slotted section. The blade holder could use some brass or black greeblies, such as decorative screws.
    I ordered a different blade holder 17 i believe , same look just less holes. I'm gonna try to create my own chamber , i already ordered a crystal for it just gotta make is light up and look good .

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Love that brass spike for a pommel! Nice work, it is addictive!
    Not for kid's under 12 lol .. But ty
    Yes very addictive

Well i did my own paint job to the saber and i must say , it came out beautiful . I gave about 2 coats black matte , 3 coats of chameleon paint and 2 clear coats . And then baked at 170 degrees for 1 hour 10 min and it came out awesome . There's a few spots i need to touch up but other than that its like factory paint job .

IMG_0518.jpg

And when that sun is out and hit's the hilt wow , like 4 different colors
    Last edited by darkus31; 06-27-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkus31 View Post
    So far having a blast putting the MHS parts together . The guys at thecustomsabershop are awesome and there videos on youtube as well . I feel like a kid in a candy shop when working on this thing . I get so excited and pleased when something works or just fits the look of it . I havn't started the electronics yet . But i do have an idea on what I'm gonna use. Ill post a few photos of the saber so far . I think its turning out great . And I'm gonna add a few 8-32 1/8 threaded brass spike's at the top of the hilt and a rubber shrink wrap black grip . I'll keep thread up to date . Have a great day guy's and happy saber building .

Attachment 16746Attachment 16747

I predict another long term addict. Trust me your going to spend all your extra time and money. Lol. Looks good so far, that’s a mean spike.

Added some black in certain spots or sections. Looks great !!!

IMG_0522.jpgIMG_0521.jpg

The spike is also chameleon paint , Just hard to see in the pic .

My first MHS is about 15" long. Its huge. I try to keep my builds to 12" or so now; however, with that being said, I still love my first hilt, its just huge.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    My first MHS is about 15" long. Its huge. I try to keep my builds to 12" or so now; however, with that being said, I still love my first hilt, its just huge.

Tom
    Wow ! ya that's pretty big

Well i changed the look a bit , i made a steampunk sort of light saber with a beat up look , and i must say i like it a lot. Might change some stuff or add not sure yet . Although i am going to add some button head screws down bottom of hilt , black i think would be best .

IMG_0529.jpg
    Last edited by darkus31; 06-30-2018 at 12:16 PM.