Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber

God work! Although I did like the spikes on the hilt, this looks awesome. Also looks a very old saber with that weathered paint job and hose/wire. I like this look better than before. Not a fan of purple on sabers, but that is just my opinion. What paint did you use for the black?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    God work! Although I did like the spikes on the hilt, this looks awesome. Also looks a very old saber with that weathered paint job and hose/wire. I like this look better than before. Not a fan of purple on sabers, but that is just my opinion. What paint did you use for the black?
    Thank you , and i used a Satin Black baked at 170 % for 1 hour then wet sanded it down to a smooth dull finish .
    " When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.”

Decided one last time to change it up again , i went this time for a storm trooper look .
    Its satin black and satin white over lap and mix , baked at 170 degrees for 1 hour and also wet sanded down to a smooth finish 1000 grit . In the pic it may not look smooth . But there are no runs and its as smooth as a babies bottom lol a factory finish .
    This is the final paint job trust me .
    Ps i have access to a sand blaster mini .

IMG_0530.jpg
    Last edited by darkus31; 07-02-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Final paint job?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Final paint job?.....
    I hope so , lol
    But ya i really like this one .

Nice. Mean looking pommel though :P I know its Storm Trooper based but I kinda like the weathering on this one =]
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Well i had a mishap with my final paint job so i had to redo everything . Was really angry and about to quit the project , but took a few day's off and now have a new paint job weathered look and blade , switch and recharge port all in .

IMG_0541.jpgIMG_0540.jpgIMG_0539.jpgIMG_0543.jpgIMG_0542.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darkus31; 07-08-2018 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Older pic , no chamber

I ran the blade all the way threw the chamber , hopefully that will work out the way i want and light up all six sides of the chamber rather than put a crystal in it .

IMG_0544.jpg

Added my own custom switch port , for easy in and out switch access . Came out pretty awesome . Some epoxy , heat and paint did the trick .

IMG_0555.jpgIMG_0556.jpg
    Last edited by darkus31; 07-11-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Did you weld that switch housing in? If that is epoxy and paint, congrats on how that turned out!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."