Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Saber

Smile My First Saber

So far having a blast putting the MHS parts together . The guys at thecustomsabershop are awesome and there videos on youtube as well . I feel like a kid in a candy shop when working on this thing . I get so excited and pleased when something works or just fits the look of it . I havn't started the electronics yet . But i do have an idea on what I'm gonna use. Ill post a few photos of the saber so far . I think its turning out great . And I'm gonna add a few 8-32 1/8 threaded brass spike's at the top of the hilt and a rubber shrink wrap black grip . I'll keep thread up to date . Have a great day guy's and happy saber building .

IMG_0506.jpgIMG_0505.jpg

Sounds like you're circling the rabbit hole............

Welcome to the forums darkus31.

...............you're gonna fall in.

Greenie

That's one spikey looking saber! Very unique! It feels so awesome when you just finished your lightsaber. Have fun building, and welcome to the Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

Greenie
    I remember before I built my lightsaber and was just reading through the forums, people kept mentioning about falling into that rabbit hole. And I was always thinking "naahh, that's not going to happen to me". Turns out I was wrong, now my hands are just itching to build another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    That's one spikey looking saber! Very unique! It feels so awesome when you just finished your lightsaber. Have fun building, and welcome to the Forum!
    Ya , i think I'm gonna try for a Sith lord type of look .
    May also add powder coating later to blend it all in .

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post

Greenie
    I think your right lol ..

Thanks for the time to view my thread ,
    and to all the welcome's glad to be here guy's ..

Well I'm back , added a few spikes on the upper hilt and a Crystal Chamber . Right now the saber is about 13 1/2 inches long not including the spike on the end . Do you think that's to long for a hilt ? And by taking a look at the pic's is there any ideas or suggestions you guys might have ?

IMG_0512.jpgIMG_0514.jpg
    " When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master.”

Not sure we can answer that for you, if it works for you then it’s fine
    For me, it would be a bit long. I really like your saber though, well done.

-Darkmatter73

Nice progress! About the lenght, it is never too long so long as that is what you want and think looks good. I myself prefer more standard 11” hilts for myself. Suggestions: Don’t grip the spikes too hard. Add a crystal chamber in the slotted section. The blade holder could use some brass or black greeblies, such as decorative screws.