Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Achieving a "Sith" red with Custom Tri-Cree LED

Default Achieving a "Sith" red with Custom Tri-Cree LED

So, this is my first time posting on here. Long time lurker. I'm working on my 5th saber and I want to do a "sith" saber so I'm looking to do red. Lately, I've been using the Custom Tri-Cree LEDs with solid colors running simultaneously (i.e. 3 blues, 3 greens, ect) to get a brighter saber. For the red I've heard differing thoughts. I've heard some builds where people have done 2 reds and a white so I'm curious as to if anyone has done 3 reds and if there is a difference between doing the red vs the "deep red". I don't run sound boards yet or anything that can mix colors as these are just used as stunt sabers. Any information on making a bright "sith" red saber will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Ron

Red is brighter, but deep red looks more like the Sithy red in the movies Imao. I wonder what it would look like with one deep red and one red. I have however only done one saber, and that one was with a sound board, so I have no experience using multiple dies of the same color.

In my experience, I can’t go back to standard Red after seeing Deep Red in person. It’s rather odd, honestly, as it makes the red looks more like an orange when viewed side-by-side. Personally I would go with the Deep Red, it’s plenty bright and you’ll love the look.

I run a Sith saber with a deep red, deep red, amber.
    It's awesome =)

Darkmatter73

Oooh! That combination actually sounds really good. Do you mix all three together? Or is the amber for flash on clash?

I have done straight deep red. I have done normal red (which is orange), and I have mixed them. i have got really cool results with DR, R, G. Using the green for FOC you can make your FOC any color from Green, Amber, to Gold. Plus you get the brightness of the Red mixed with the richness of deep red. The only issue with DR, R, G is that you still get the brighter straight red drowning out the deep red a bit. Pure deep red is very sithy in person, although pink in photos and on video, but in person, its BLOOD RED.

Its a preference thing. Play around with some different combos. Try something different, and adjust the diodes on different fonts.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I have done straight deep red. I have done normal red (which is orange), and I have mixed them. i have got really cool results with DR, R, G. Using the green for FOC you can make your FOC any color from Green, Amber, to Gold. Plus you get the brightness of the Red mixed with the richness of deep red. The only issue with DR, R, G is that you still get the brighter straight red drowning out the deep red a bit. Pure deep red is very sithy in person, although pink in photos and on video, but in person, its BLOOD RED.

Its a preference thing. Play around with some different combos. Try something different, and adjust the diodes on different fonts.

Tom
    That combination sounds sick! I got to try try that sometime. But I am more than pleased with how deep red looks, so awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Oooh! That combination actually sounds really good. Do you mix all three together? Or is the amber for flash on clash?
    2 banks are just the reds with amber foc, the 3rd bank is a mix with a red foc

I have a saber that uses a tri cree xpe2 DR, DR foc RED and it's pretty fun. I overdrive each die a bit to try to compensate for the deeper reds slight loss of brightness. I really like this set up. Looking at a regular red leds it looks almost fake more like a cartoon for some reason and less like the films.

Plus I was always sick of photos making my red saber have an orange core effect

The deep red looks a bit maroon to me but it's perfect blood red.

I recommend the deep reds!

You can mix a bit of red into deep red to get a bit brighter blade and reduce some of the pinkish hue in photos that DR gives off.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."