View Poll Results: Who shot first, Han or Greedo?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Han shot first

21 95.45%
  • Both shot at the same time

0 0%
  • Greedo shot first.

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who shot first, Han or Greedo?

Check out the "Despecialized Edition" not only is it beautifully restored well beyond any official release, it shows the truth of things.

^^ This.

I have them on a hard drive connected to my TV. They’re always just a click away.

I'm old enough to. have seen it in theatre in '77 and have the original version VHS boxed set. and functioning VCR...

...checking VCR against my fallible old coot memory...

...checked...@ 58:38 in: Han shot FIRST and ONLY. Greedo never shot at all.

Wow! I've never seen so much unison on a poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Check out the "Despecialized Edition" not only is it beautifully restored well beyond any official release, it shows the truth of things.
    I'll check it out. Thanks!

Once you've seen the original shot, you can't unsee how poorly done the SE changes are. They just switch to a freeze frame of Han and Greedo and edit in some blaster fire. It is horrendous.

The end scene in Solo was a nod to the fans. Lots of fans were not happy at some of the changes Lucas made in the 90s to the films we loved, and although he stated that his changes were his original intentions, they kind of ruined the image of the scruffy looking nerf herder that we came to love beginning in the Cantina at Mos Eisley Spaceport. Here you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious.

You need to watch the originals for sure. The reason for the unison, is that most of us are older and saw the originals. I might have seen ANH over a thousand times, probably more.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I was raised on the pre-SE versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    The end scene in Solo was a nod to the fans. Lots of fans were not happy at some of the changes Lucas made in the 90s to the films we loved, and although he stated that his changes were his original intentions, they kind of ruined the image of the scruffy looking nerf herder that we came to love beginning in the Cantina at Mos Eisley Spaceport. Here you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious.

You need to watch the originals for sure. The reason for the unison, is that most of us are older and saw the originals. I might have seen ANH over a thousand times, probably more.

Tom
    Well, I actually just became a star was fan a bit less than a year ago. But, I have watched ANH two times, ESB two times, ROTJ two times, TPM once, AOTC once, ROTS three times, TFA twice, TLJ two times, R1 twice as well, and have not seen solo yet. So in total I have watched 17 Star Wars movies. Not bad for one year.

Ok! Who's the 1% that needs re educating?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Ok! Who's the 1% that needs re educating?
    You can click the numbers to see..