Thread: Sound issues Prizm 5.1

Default Sound issues Prizm 5.1

So, after all the other snags I have had, I have hit another.

I wired up the saber entirely and fired it up. Everything works amazingly well. Changed colors, switched fonts, blaster blocks, swooshes clashes. Perfect.

Then after about an hour of playing with the saber, I started to hear this crackling noise. It starts soft and gradually gets louder and louder almost like feedback but instead of a high pitched squeal, it's a crackling sound. I tried desoldering and resoldering various connections to no avail. I was thinking that it might be a short somewhere so I desoldered the switches and fired the board up with just a wire. Same problem so not the switches. I desoldered the speaker and resoldered it. Still there. I desoldered the positive and negative to the board, still there and seemingly got worse. l think the problem is somewhere in that area, but I have no idea what would even be causing such an issue.

Any suggestions?

Unless you're running off a car battery, after an hour, that crackling in your speaker is the first sign of battery being dead, not able to supply enough voltage to the amp.

Charge your battery, don't touch the wiring. 18650 lasting an hour is pretty good on a tri-cree single bladed saber. Recharge and continue to play.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Unless you're running off a car battery, after an hour, that crackling in your speaker is the first sign of battery being dead, not able to supply enough voltage to the amp.

Charge your battery, don't touch the wiring. 18650 lasting an hour is pretty good on a tri-cree single bladed saber. Recharge and continue to play.

Tom
    I was thinking that might be the case. Man, I was hoping to get more than an hour of run time. Many troops I go are 6-8 hours. I will recharge tonight and see what I get.

Thanks!

Trooping sabers really need user replaceable batteries. That's a very nice saber, put it on the shelf, order similar parts, and build a cheaper version of that one with a MHS V6 Chassis. The way you built that saber, I don't think you can adapt it to user replaceable batteries easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Trooping sabers really need user replaceable batteries. That's a very nice saber, put it on the shelf, order similar parts, and build a cheaper version of that one with a MHS V6 Chassis. The way you built that saber, I don't think you can adapt it to user replaceable batteries easily.

You were correct. Charged it up and the crackling went away. I will consider different battery options in the future if I build another saber. Thanks for the info!

Awesome. I'm glad you don't have to have a RUD!

Tom