Thread: Dark Spots on NeoPixel Blade Help

Default Dark Spots on NeoPixel Blade Help

Hey guys, I just completed my first neopixel blade and everything works! The only thing that has been bothering me is that even at a full battery when I ignite the blade there is a dark streak runnning up both sides of the blade where the pixels arent facing. I was hoping to get some advice from you guys on how I can reduce this dark spot. Currently my blade consists of the pixels and a foam tube in a transwhite blade and thats all. Any help or reccomendations would be much appreciated... Thanks!

Put a couple meters of clear gift wrap in to diffuse it like you would a fancy flashlight style blade. I also recommend using clear blades instead of transwhite.

Dang it! Jb beat me too it. Just do what he said and everything should look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Put a couple meters of clear gift wrap in to diffuse it like you would a fancy flashlight style blade. I also recommend using clear blades instead of transwhite.
    Thanks! Helped a bunch and much appreciated! Its looking a lot better now!

Hm, it's too bad I don't have any clear gift wrap to do that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Hm, it's too bad I don't have any clear gift wrap to do that myself.
    Go to Michaels..... it's a craft store. They have rolls of 48" wide clear gift wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Go to Michaels..... it's a craft store. They have rolls of 48" wide clear gift wrap.
    Or Amazon, that's where I got mine from.

Any craft store will have it, and even some drug stores that sell gift wrap, etc.