Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first crystal chamber, NB-V4

Are lightsabers with crystsl chambers duel worthy? I have some future saber designs that have crystal chambers in them, but would still like to duel with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Are lightsabers with crystsl chambers duel worthy? I have some future saber designs that have crystal chambers in them, but would still like to duel with them.
    Well, it's just logic on my part. Most of the crystal chambers I've seen are beautiful, but from the construction of them it doesn't *look* like they could hold up to dueling. But, I don't have first hand experience with that particular situation so it might be possible to make a dueling saber with a crystal chamber.

To bad. Maybe it would hold up to light dueling? Thanks anyways Raven!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Seth... here is one I’m working on with that in mind. The quartz crystal will be held on both ends this time and the brass cup will be filled with epoxy underneath, the rgb led will be embedded in it as well. I’m going to flair the ends of the copper conduit so it won’t move either, I think it will survive light dueling.313FCA82-2983-4F3F-8F5C-644828621CC3.jpg

Blog Entries

Nicely done. The crystal chamber is nice and clean. I like the blade emitter, too. I'd love to have the equipment to machine my own parts.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Seth... here is one I’m working on with that in mind. The quartz crystal will be held on both ends this time and the brass cup will be filled with epoxy underneath, the rgb led will be embedded in it as well. I’m going to flair the ends of the copper conduit so it won’t move either, I think it will survive light dueling.313FCA82-2983-4F3F-8F5C-644828621CC3.jpg
    Thanks K6! Looks awesome too, the crystal chamber I had in mind would be filled with greeblies, wich however make it more sensitive. I guess overall crystal chambers are more ment for shelf sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    My first Lightsaber with a crystal chamber. Natural quartz with a Svarosky glass crystal....Special thanks to Darth Chasm for the conduit idea. It works beautifully...
    Attachment 16732Attachment 16733Attachment 16734Attachment 16735Attachment 16736Attachment 16737
    Very nice looking saber , Job well done .