Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seth Skywalker's finished lightsaber( with pics )

Default Seth Skywalker's finished lightsaber( with pics )

Finished my lightsaber and I am very happy and pleased with the results. Please everyone be honest with your opinion and let me know what you think. Anyways without further ado, here are the
    specs
    Nano biscotti v4
    PEx
    recharge port
    illuminated av switch
    28mm bass speaker
    Tri-Cree deep red, green, and royal blue led star
    18650 Li-Ion cell

Glams
    [[/
    [IMG][/IMG]

[I[
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Thank you for evryone on these forums that has helped on build and made all these wonderful tutorials.

Link to build thread http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rst-lightsaber
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 06-10-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: My browser kept crashing

It looks cool Seth. The small touch of red sets it off very nicely. Is this your first saber?
    Last edited by Jediseth; 06-05-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Good job!
    Congrats on getting it completed!

Awesome job young one and his father! Great job. Keep building, those skills will serve you well in life! I had a bad switch on my water softener, called an appliance repair company out to diagnose it. I was busy at the time. The guy comes out, never even takes the control panel apart, proceeds to tell me, "these things are disposeable appliances, you don't repair them, you replace them, here is and estimate for a new system." Its $10K. I was like, have a nice day, get out of my house. I paid their "service call fee" which was ridiculous. I then cracked open the panel, desoldered the tactile switch, replaced it with a tactile switch I had on hand, and it was fixed. Soldering on PCBs is a cool skill to have. My son had a microwave with a bad door wiring harness. The new harness from the manufacturer was $90.00. I soldered the wires appropriately together, no need for the harness, it was just a manufacturing simplification. Boom! Microwave works. So, while you have made a very cool saber, you are also learning valuable skills that can save you a lot of money once you begin "adulating" in about 12 years. Soak it all in young Jedi!

I love your saber, I think it came out great!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

You've taken your first steps into a larger world. Congrats!
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Thanks Greenie and bigkevin61 for the kind words! I could not have done this weren't it for you guys and my dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    It looks cool Seth. The small touch of red sets it off very nicely. Is this your first saber?
    Yup, my very first lightsaber. One of the best things about this is that now I wil be able to beat my brothers and sisters with this one, as they only have some of those plastic ones from Disney. I'll post the link to my build thread above.
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 06-06-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    You've taken your first steps into a larger world. Congrats!
    That I have. Hopefully I will be able to make some more sabers soon. Having a job like yours would be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Awesome job young one and his father! Great job. Keep building, those skills will serve you well in life! I had a bad switch on my water softener, called an appliance repair company out to diagnose it. I was busy at the time. The guy comes out, never even takes the control panel apart, proceeds to tell me, "these things are disposeable appliances, you don't repair them, you replace them, here is and estimate for a new system." Its $10K. I was like, have a nice day, get out of my house. I paid their "service call fee" which was ridiculous. I then cracked open the panel, desoldered the tactile switch, replaced it with a tactile switch I had on hand, and it was fixed. Soldering on PCBs is a cool skill to have. My son had a microwave with a bad door wiring harness. The new harness from the manufacturer was $90.00. I soldered the wires appropriately together, no need for the harness, it was just a manufacturing simplification. Boom! Microwave works. So, while you have made a very cool saber, you are also learning valuable skills that can save you a lot of money once you begin "adulating" in about 12 years. Soak it all in young Jedi!

I love your saber, I think it came out great!

Tom
    Thanks Tom! Just like my dad, he fixes everything around the house. He and i like soldering and building projects together so this is not my first time soldering, but I have not done any soldering in a while( until now ).I will also be fixing my sisters lightsaber this afternoon, good practice.

Looks Great Seth!! Careful, once you catch the bug, you never want to stop building! Well done.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!