Thread: speaker issues

Default speaker issues

So I've had my saber for a while now but while dueling with it the other day my speaker quit working. when I disassembled the speaker one of my leads had broken off. I guess between all my fiddling with it and messing around with the saber (light dueling and showing it off) it must have broke. After I re soldered it it worked fine. Then the saber was accidentally dropped and now my speaker sounds like someone turned the volume down on the nbV4. I haven't changed any of the parameters and I only use it a volume level 3. could I have damaged my speaker by dropping it? I'm not too familiar with sound components. Thanks.

Maybe just get a new speaker and try it out.

Well, if we are talking about a 28mm bass speaker, then it is pretty common that a very hard hit (or many repeated hits) may detach the magnet from the speaker assembly.
    In this case the symptom is exactly a very low volume.
    The solution is obviously replacing the speaker.
    In emergency, while waiting for a new speaker to be delivered, you may try to glue the magnet back on the assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Se Wion View Post
    Well, if we are talking about a 28mm bass speaker, then it is pretty common that a very hard hit (or many repeated hits) may detach the magnet from the speaker assembly.
    In this case the symptom is exactly a very low volume.
    The solution is obviously replacing the speaker.
    In emergency, while waiting for a new speaker to be delivered, you may try to glue the magnet back on the assembly.
    I'd also like to add that depending on the speaker type, the magnet could be cracked, but that's rare and I doubt it's probable. It's most likely what Don said.