Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Jedi Killer (scratch build)

Default Another Jedi Killer (scratch build)

Hello, I've made a jedi killer before. I loved the hilt and I made another! This one has a number of small improvements mostly aesthetic from the original. The bottom half has some more small details on it that helps balance out the top and bottom half as I thought it looked a tad top heavy before. Also the button on the box is a little different and the core is also changed to a more rounded shape and has some adornements inside of the door access for the SD card. Also its a 1" blade socket instead of 7/8 on the originals. Scratch built body with all electronics coming from TCSS

Specs:
    CF9 hacked
    panasonic 3200mah 18650
    2w bass speaker mounted under the crystal chamber vented through the crystal chamber itself. (more realistic sound source)
    tri cree xpe2 RRW
    aluminum and brass machined body
    RICE and RC ports
    heavy weather

pics

Absolutely gorgeous, again. Nice work Snilam.

Just sooooo awesome! Another great work of yours. How did you make those fin protrusions on the back piece?

Edit: You also got a great name for your saber.
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 05-29-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Dang that’s sweet! Is this Harp? I thought he was the originator of the Jedi killer. I’m a little uneducated about the design. Either way beautiful work!
    Last edited by Jediseth; 05-29-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Great saber, love the external routing of the wire as well, is that wire functional, or show? Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Dang that’s sweet! Is this Harp? I thought he was the originator of the Jedi killer. I’m a little uneducated about the design. Either way beautiful work!
    No I am definitely not Harp. Harp has made a beautiful jedi killer. Actually he and I made both of ours around the same time, I think we completed inside the same month and actually they both ended up in the hands of the same owner strangely enough. Having said that the design actually comes from the art book for the Force Awakens. Its a precursor to the Kylo Ren crossguard saber. Both hilts are interpretations of the concept art with some artistic interpetations since there is only 1 picture of the concept saber and there is a lot in the graphic that is left up to interpretation. Mine is mostly the jedi killer from the artwork with some of the kylo ren hilt smashed in there. I personally would have liked to have seen the jedi killer make it to the screen rather than the crossguard that became the movie prop, but that's opening up a whole other can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Great saber, love the external routing of the wire as well, is that wire functional, or show? Very cool!
    Strictly for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Just sooooo awesome! Another great work of yours. How did you make those fin protrusions on the back piece?

Edit: You also got a great name for your saber.
    milled out the fins seperately out of bar stock 2mm thick. Then slotted the hilt body with a 2mm end, don't get me started on how long that takes as you have to go super slow, shallow cuts on multiple passes with a super fragile small end mill. then place a small amount of glue. For this I used jb weld and to be honest probably not even necessary since they are really tight and I hammer them home with a rubber mallet. I had to put it in a vice and pull it out with pliers before it set in place when I acccidently bent one fin a little bit and had to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    No I am definitely not Harp. Harp has made a beautiful jedi killer. Actually he and I made both of ours around the same time, I think we completed inside the same month and actually they both ended up in the hands of the same owner strangely enough. Having said that the design actually comes from the art book for the Force Awakens. Its a precursor to the Kylo Ren crossguard saber. Both hilts are interpretations of the concept art with some artistic interpetations since there is only 1 picture of the concept saber and there is a lot in the graphic that is left up to interpretation. Mine is mostly the jedi killer from the artwork with some of the kylo ren hilt smashed in there. I personally would have liked to have seen the jedi killer make it to the screen rather than the crossguard that became the movie prop, but that's opening up a whole other can of worms.
    I see, great work for sure.