Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Replica graflex clamp for activation box?

Default Replica graflex clamp for activation box?

Hi everyone! I was wondering wether the replica graflex clamp sold by tcss, could be used for an activation box or not. Also wondering if it fits on mhs V1 or v2. Thanks.

Hi Seth, I’m using that clamp in my current build, so I can share how it’s going! The clamp is not the same fit as sleeve material, so you’ll need a shim to make it snug. I am going to be printing a micro switch holder for the clamp card, which is just about the only way I know of to make the clamp into an activation box. I’ve also heard of some folks placing a switch under the lever as well. Good luck!

Thanks Nerf! You got a thread for your current build?

Not at this time, but I’m going to post a build thread on it soon, I hope. Still working on what I actually want to DO to the thing!

TzW5uo.jpg

Used a Coupling section to sit under the clamp and drilled a path for the wiring. Used a 3d printed switch holder from Shtok (used a different one at first but didn't work well at all) as well as the Slothfurnace card which required a bit of sanding for the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by IINerfII View Post
    Not at this time, but I’m going to post a build thread on it soon, I hope. Still working on what I actually want to DO to the thing!
    Thank you nerf! I'll be waiting to see that build of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    TzW5uo.jpg

Used a Coupling section to sit under the clamp and drilled a path for the wiring. Used a 3d printed switch holder from Shtok (used a different one at first but didn't work well at all) as well as the Slothfurnace card which required a bit of sanding for the switch.
    Wow! Really cool lightsaber ya got there. And that is the exact sloth card I was thinking I'd use. Thanks warlock, good to know the card fits in and I like the lightsaber!

Thanks! Figured you were looking for something along those lines with the clamp card. One the card you'll have to sand underneath on the end with the switch (or both if 2 two switches are used). It's gonna be a trial and repeat process. IF you sand a bit too much you can apply tape or I've seen strips from aluminum cans used to fill back in. All depends on the switch and switch holder used.

A question Warlock, how well would that card light up?

Fairly well actually. Thou it will depend on LED power and location obviously.

Cool! Thanks!